Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nsm0220

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The threads for this forum have a lot of off-topic "Thank you" or "Can you also test.. " replies... Most of the replies being way off-topic from the thread subject and adding little or no value to the "thread". We will publish some guidelines in a few hours, but basically we want to see good replies and friendly debates..only then we will remove the "Moderation Mode".

M

Manzai

Thread author
The threads for this forum have a lot of off-topic "Thank you" or "Can you also test.. " replies... Most of the replies being way off-topic from the thread subject and adding little or no value to the "thread". We will publish some guidelines in a few hours, but basically we want to see good replies and friendly debates..only then we will remove the "Moderation Mode".

Thanks Jack ;)

Reactions: Xtwillight

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
are you saying we should not said thanks back for someone that like a persons video to people now

Reactions: Manzai

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
We have added a new field, called "Disclaimer". If you select this field, i's optional to add or not, the MalwareTips disclaimer will be added to the thread.
"
Disclaimer:
Due to the small number of samples used in this tests, you should take results with a grain of salt. I encourage you to compare this results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use."

1.jpg
2.jpg

We have a lot of people searching for video reviews, and they should know that these test should be take with a grain of salt.

Reactions: McLovin and Manzai

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Not sure I like this change... but in a way I understand why.
Thanks are more powerful than likes.(imo) Especially both, It gives respect for the reviewer for his/her time. If also there's not a moderator online (excuse my ignorance of how the system works) and a lot of people try and respond it will create a clutter of requested replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
are you kidding me jack people love to thank to them with a reply because it make them feel important when testing avs
That is the purpose of the like button,which is to avoid "spam" posts which clutter a thread and the on topic replies become buried.The less than friendly replies factor into this also
why not bump the debate posts up
I dont understand what you mean by bumping the debate posts up unless you mean "moving" them up? Frankly I would think that is not an option.
Not sure I like this change... but in a way I understand why.
Thanks are more powerful than likes.(imo) Especially both, It gives respect for the reviewer for his/her time. If also there's not a moderator online (excuse my ignorance of how the system works) and a lot of people try and respond it will create a clutter of requested replies.
Maybe so but as long as the "Thanks" is applied to a on topic constructive reply then it is ok but not posting things such as Jack pointed out in his reply.There is usually a staff member online most of the time that can approve/disapprove the threads awaiting moderation

Please keep in mind what Jack stated earlier in this thread.When the replies are good and the debates are friendly the moderation mode will be removed.It's unfortunate that some have to deal with this because of the actions of a few but this is really the only way to deal with this problem.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OP posts video link
1st reply: What song did you use?
OP responds: Songname - Artist
2nd reply: Thanks
3rd reply: Good review
OP responds: Thanks
4th reply: Constructive feedback or debate
5th reply: Can you test product B?
OP reponds: Sure
6th reply: Awesome work
OP responds: Thanks

From when the video was posted, only 1 reply was actually on topic, the rest are off-topic. And this not occur only once, it happens in many of the OP's threads.

Bottom line: We know they do product testing / reviews on Youtube. Don't be Captain Obvious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.