Computer specs
amd fx-6300
Gtx 970
8gt @ 1.6ghz
1 tb hdd
Notable changes
From sophos + cf To Comodo Internet Security
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I dont see point as im not saving anything to computer im just using browser and everything erases on exit anyways

i store all of my pictures / videos on cloud/ external storage

Maybe i set up one when our 5 yo moves from youtubekids to computer games :oops:
That would be wise or better give him (or her) his own non-administrator account.

Not worried about theft of your computer?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Okay, you're right, absolutely no need for that (y)
Just when your kid starts using/take over your computer...
Its mostly mobile devices these days, but im sure i set up playstore age limits, also i have used family link before wich is useful as my niece spends most of holidays at us

But mobile is different thing anyways, i cant open my authenticator without 2-factor pin

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Its mostly mobile devices these days, but im sure i set up playstore age limits, also i have used family link before wich is useful as my niece spends most of holidays at us

But mobile is different thing anyways, i cant open my authenticator without 2-factor pin
My kids, now teenagers, are glued to their cell phones, but still need to use a laptop for school and personal stuff.
They started with Minecraft but now they are better than me in Photoshop, Premiere and of course any game :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.