Mostlynoob's Config

Mostlynoob

Thread author
Apr 2, 2015
debian based knoppix wont allow me to copy my music files to a usb. Says permission denied. Any advice?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Is your USB contains write protection lock slider? If it does not contain then perhaps Linux as a common issue where all you need to do is change the ownership via terminal.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=107388

For your configuration, Highly suggest to incorporate Panda AV with their realtime protection turn on, UAC will notify for changes but not providing information if its safe or not.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Is Panda AV your realtime protection? or are you using Windows 8.1 built in protection,such as Defender,smartscreen,UAC & Windows firewall
I am assuming you are using Malwarebytes Antimalware for on demand scanning ?
I would consider Using UAC,Panda AV & Windows firewall for your realtime protection
Malwarebytes Antimalware for on demand scanning
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
Consider uBlock in place of ABD + and HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome & FF

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.