Movies with unexpected ending

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
My favorite movie genre? Psychological horror and triller/mystery. Favorite movie? I must say Schindler's List

These are the ones that left me speechless and with the jaws open :

Usual Suspects [1995]
Prestige [2006]
1408 [2007]
Citizen Kane [1941]
Diabolique [1955]
Identity [2003]
Shutter Island [2010]
Fight Club [1999]
The Silence of the Lambs [1991]
The Shawshenk Redemption [1994]
A tale of two sisters [2003]
SAW [2004]
The Game [1997]
The Illusionist [2006]
El Cuerpo [2012]
and maybe some more I cannot recall right now...

What are yours? :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
My favourite movie genre is Physcological horror/thriller/mystery... and of course, comedy. :)

This caught my attention. :D Is it good?
Well, its very unusual movie. That's why I like it. It's more psy than a horror, and I needed to watch it twice as I didn't understand everything on the first watch :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I will go to take a shower, and in the meantime you can suggest me something from Physcological horror/thriller/mystery scheme? :)

D

Deleted member 21043

I will go to take a shower, and in the meantime you can suggest me something from Physcological horror/thriller/mystery scheme? :)
Sure, I can try and list some. But you've probably seen them. :)

Below are a list of movies from Physocological/horror/thriller/mystery scheme. Just some off the top of my head I can remember back of. :)

- Blare witch project (I just thought this movie was weird)
- The Exorcist
- The Last Exorcism
- Insidious (this may have been the first movie from the horror section I ever watched?)
- Insidious 2
- Evil Dead
- Nightmare on elm street (this may have been the first movie from the horror section I ever watched?)
- The Children (2008) (this may have been the first movie from the horror section I ever watched?)
- Annabelle (this was released recently)
- The shining
- The Orphanage
- The Silence of the Lambs
- We are what we are
- V/H/S/2
- Maniac
- Open Grave
- Oculus
- The Quiet Ones
- The babadook
- SAW
- The Descent
- The hills have eyes
- Gothika
- I know what you did last summer (this one I particularly liked)
- The Shrine
- Chained
- The Purge
- One missed call
- Piranha
- Dark skies
- Ouija
- Mama
- The Sinister
- The Crazies
- The conjuring (this one I particularly liked)

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Sure, I can try and list some. But you've probably seen them. :)

Below are a list of movies from Physocological/horror/thriller/mystery scheme. Just some off the top of my head I can remember back of. :)

- Blare witch project (I just thought this movie was weird)
- The Exorcist
- The Last Exorcism
- Insidious (this may have been the first movie from the horror section I ever watched?)
- Insidious 2
- Evil Dead
- Nightmare on elm street (this may have been the first movie from the horror section I ever watched?)
- The Children (2008) (this may have been the first movie from the horror section I ever watched?)
- Annabelle (this was released recently)
- The shining
- The Orphanage
- The Silence of the Lambs

- We are what we are
- V/H/S/2
- Maniac
- Open Grave
- Oculus
- The Quiet Ones
- The babadook
- SAW
- The Descent
- The hills have eyes
- Gothika
- I know what you did last summer (this one I particularly liked)
- The Shrine

- Chained
- The Purge
- One missed call
- Piranha
- Dark skies
-
Ouija
- Mama
- The Sinister
- The Crazies
- The conjuring (this one I particularly liked)

Those I didn't bold are the ones I didn't watch. So what you can recommend me? :)
I have updated my list with SAW (the king of the twist ending) and El Cuerpo (recently watched, very good movie)

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
My favorite movie genre? Psychological horror and triller/mystery. Favorite movie? I must say Schindler's List

These are the ones that left me speechless and with the jaws open :

Usual Suspects [1995]
Prestige [2006]
1408 [2007]
Citizen Kane [1941]
Diabolique [1955]
Identity [2003]
Shutter Island [2010]
Fight Club [1999]
The Silence of the Lambs [1991]
The Shawshenk Redemption [1994]
A tale of two sisters [2003]
SAW [2004]
The Game [1997]
The Illusionist [2006]
El Cuerpo [2012]
and maybe some more I cannot recall right now...

What are yours? :)
The sixth sense :):)

Reactions: BoraMurdar

.com

Level 3
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
shutter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21043

Those I didn't bold are the ones I didn't watch. So what you can recommend me? :)
I have updated my list with SAW (the king of the twist ending) and El Cuerpo (recently watched, very good movie)
Hmm...

- Evil Dead
- The conjuring
- Annabelle
- The sinister
- I know what you did last summer (there are 3 films, start at first of course :D ) (Interesting how IMBD says film was made in 1997.. When I watched it, I thought it was a movie from 2010...)
- One missed call
- MAMA? (Trying to remember this film, I forgotten what happens...).

Personally, I would watch the films above in the order I put them. The Evil Dead is by far one of the favourite horror films I've seen. After that, 2nd joint place has got to be The Conjuring... Then Annabelle and Sinister.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hmm...

- Evil Dead
- The conjuring
- Annabelle
- The sinister
- I know what you did last summer (there are 3 films, start at first of course :D ) (Interesting how IMBD says film was made in 1997.. When I watched it, I thought it was a movie from 2010...)
- One missed call
- MAMA? (Trying to remember this film, I forgotten what happens...).

Personally, I would watch the films above in the order I put them. The Evil Dead is by far one of the favourite horror films I've seen. After that, 2nd joint place has got to be The Conjuring... Then Annabelle and Sinister.
:D
The movies that I bold-ed are the once I watched :p

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Out of interest, do you know of any other films similar to the most recentl Evil Dead (2013), The Conjuring and Annabelle?
Honestly, Evil Dead from 1981 is much better than this one from 2013, except special effects. Dead Silence (2007) is the most similar to Annabelle and Conjuring (I liked Conjuring more than Annabelle)...
Poltergeist (1982) can be listed there also :)
And there is a remake that will come out THIS SUMMER (trailer guy voice) :D

D

Deleted member 21043

Honestly, Evil Dead from 1981 is much better than this one from 2013, except special effects. Dead Silence (2007) is the most similar to Annabelle and Conjuring (I liked Conjuring more than Annabelle)...
Poltergeist (1982) can be listed there also :)
And there is a remake that will come out THIS SUMMER (trailer guy voice) :D

Yeah, I enjoyed The Conjuring more than Annabelle too... Okay, I'll look at Poltergeist :) I just saw about the remake on IMBD listing :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.