Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Worked around an issue in Mac OS X 10.7 that could cause Firefox to crash
Worked around an issue caused by Apple's "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5" where the Java plugin would not be loaded

Link

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
No updates for the Windows users (if they were , we would have Firefox 6 release.... :lolz:)... Will Firefox auto-update or will the users need to manually check for updates?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Jack said:
No updates for the Windows users (if they were , we would have Firefox 6 release.... :lolz:)... Will Firefox auto-update or will the users need to manually check for updates?
I think we ll have both options in a few hours, as of now I have not been
prompted, neither the update is available when I check for updates in
"about Firefox". It does not really matter to me since I normally wait a
day or two before updating Firefox, just to make sure there are no issues
with the sandbox.:D

Bo

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
There really isn't any reason to upgrade to v.5.0.1 if you are not a Mac user.
If you do upgrade then the only thing that will change is your version number, no improvements or bug fixes for Windows users.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Now with this I made a mess with Firefox in Linux but never mind :lol: since I removed the current one 5.0 caused no updates at all so I download it and run the script.

Edit: back to current 5.0 since it can probably detect a new version like version 6.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Littlebits said:
There really isn't any reason to upgrade to v.5.0.1 if you are not a Mac user.
If you do upgrade then the only thing that will change is your version number, no improvements or bug fixes for Windows users.

Thanks.:D
Thank you, sir. Nice to know.

Bo

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i just wait for firefox final release v6
thanks for always share programs update, james :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.