Battle MSE w/ Comodo firewall VS COMODO IS 5.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
So I had a thread awhile ago about Avast vs Comodo and I was just looking at some optional windows updates and I saw MSE as a option and I was thinking about using it but I don't know if I want to stick with Comodo or switch to MSE w/ Comodo's firewall. What do ya think?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Maximus said:
Lol.Thats all good but being terminated thereafter is not. And MRG tried being up vulnerabilities and Comodo banned them. When someone brings up an issue that doesn't mean to turn your back and argue. Instead simple say "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into it further". Anytime someone brings up an issue to Symantec they look into it and do not ban people. Criticism is something we learn from and not take to heart.

-Sigh-

Banning isn't something taken lightly.

No one gets terminated for reporting a vulnerability. Nobody will be banned for reporting vulnerabilities. Nobody is banned for disagreeing.

There is however, a big difference between disagreeing or reporting a vulnerability and continually posting negative rhetoric and trolling.

Let's try to stay objective here.

Deeb

Jun 17, 2011
I couldn't help myself, had to give "MSE w/ Comodo firewall" a vote, seems way to one sided so far :)

I actually ran this combo for a while though, there is just something about CAV I don't like.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for your Input Deeb, that's the good thing about this place... we all have our own setups, and what works best for us does not for someone else.

What is it about CAV you do not like "Deeb", may I ask so we can expand and discuss this furter in order to aid the great debate (LOL).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would choose CIS since its totally free and even their AV isn't best at all their features complement to provide maximum protection.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
I would choose CIS since its totally free and even their AV isn't best at all their features complement to provide maximum protection.

Agreed that is exactally what I would do.

Deeb

Jun 17, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
What is it about CAV you do not like "Deeb", may I ask so we can expand and discuss this furter in order to aid the great debate (LOL).

CPU utilisation of their real-time protection module on my machine was high.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Deeb said:
AyeAyeCaptain said:

CPU utilisation of their real-time protection module on my machine was high.

If you have MSE than add the CIS folder in MSE exclusion. That should solve the problem the cause of the high cpu usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.