Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I know this will be a lot of work for the Mods and Staff, then again you guys are all SUPER!

I was brainstorming about how to honor some of the members on MT thru an Annual Award.

Some sample categories :

Best Egg Hunter 2016 : ANTH2947 <--- No Contest there :D:mad:

Funniest Post : I read one from Tim One that still had me laughing now

Most Heart Warming Post : I read some very nice stories thru the nick name thread I'm talking about you @Cats-4_Owners-2

Best April Fools Joke
: I read the "LIKE thread", I was fooled till the last 2 pages..... :oops::oops::oops:

Any other suggestions are welcome, like I said was just brainstorming and wanted to hear others view and what categories, how many categories, how to track the votes, etc.. and if our SUPER MODS and STAFF like the idea.

Last edited:

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Bummer, sounds like a bad idea or suggestion on my part regarding the MT Annual Awards Suggestion... :oops::oops::oops:

That was awesome of MT back in 2012, It would be nice to have MT continue that, Have a vote from the staff for nominee's and allow the members to vote for that special person who has dedicated so much of his/her time and effort to MT.

Another Idea I have been brainstorming is having the members each pool in a small amount for a special surprise to the Staff and MODs to show our appreciation.

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
It sounds like a good idea (in theory, like frogboy said) but in practical nature, I doubt it would work. The community is full of unsung heroes that give brilliant technical advice/recommendations - for obvious reasons, I'm not naming them - but the more frequent posters or popular ones might get the awards over them.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
It sounds like a good idea (in theory, like frogboy said) but in practical nature, I doubt it would work. The community is full of unsung heroes that give brilliant technical advice/recommendations - for obvious reasons, I'm not naming them - but the more frequent posters or popular ones might get the awards over them.

Perfectly Valid Points, Like I said, didn't think it thru :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It would really be hard to pick awards since there really are really so many members who contribute on many different levels,yourself included.
After you posted this thread I was thinking about who I would pick for awards and I can think of 20 plus members immediately.
In a forum community,for any theme,there are many ways members contribute and not just those who are experienced in whatever that theme might be.
This is a feedback and suggestion thread so don't beat yourself up over your suggestion because it is a good suggestion and one that was implemented years ago.
I believe back then there were under 20,000 members so it is a bit different now.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I think we need Annual Awards for basic/paid AVs and Anti-Executable Softwares so that noobs can narrow down the best ones that suits them and more hassles can be avoided. Good Work @Svoll.

That sounds cool, MT Review Ratings, Community Driven Unbiased Rankings...... I trust MT members opinions and reviews more than any mags or online reviews.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I think we need Annual Awards for basic/paid AVs and Anti-Executable Softwares so that noobs can narrow down the best ones that suits them and more hassles can be avoided. Good Work @Svoll.
IMO, narrowing down won't help find the anti-malware that suits Different Individuals.
A simple example - without hardened mode, Avast won't be that great. And you need more than a rookie to handle that mode :)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Best Egg Hunter 2016 : ANTH2947 <--- No Contest there :D:mad:

Funniest Post : I read one from Tim One that still had me laughing now

Most Heart Warming Post : I read some very nice stories thru the nick name thread I'm talking about you @Cats-4_Owners-2

Best April Fools Joke
: I read the "LIKE thread", I was fooled till the last 2 pages..... :oops::oops::oops:

Following text only for fun:
For the 2nd and 4th, MT could add a 'LOL' button beside the 'Like'. Then it will be a piece of cake to decide among the best..
For the 3rd, a 'LOVE' button like the one in FB ;)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
IMO, narrowing down won't help find the anti-malware that suits Different Individuals.
A simple example - without hardened mode, Avast won't be that great. And you need more than a rookie to handle that mode :)
Yeah you're right. People think different and the SW products stock settings isn't enough and rookies/enthusiasts always try to tweak the SW using registry hacks or via GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.