My Final Website

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Hey guys,

I am about done making my own website with antivirus written reviews. I am never going to leave here on MalwareTips because its great here, but i just want to start having my own website. Its not going to be anything like MalwareTips, so that means its only going to be antivirus reviews and another page called "My Linux OS." which i describe the linux os i have decided to switch too over from windows. I still will make little changes to the website if i see something odd and you guys can kind of let me know to.

Go to my home website, on the right page, add your email address, and click "Follow"!!

Now you will get notifications through email when I post new antivirus reviews!

http://malwaresecurity.wordpress.com/

THE WEBSITE HAS A WHOLE NEW THEME!

Thanks for everything!

Mod edit: Thread moved

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
RE: Read!

Looking at your website it looks good though i wouldnt have put the antivirus categories that didnt have reviews yet i would have added them dynamically.

next i looked at the webroot review and in the review for the ui screenshots you include the whole windows environment which make the screenshot smaller to see the ui, you could always take the screenshot with alt+print screen and then transfer the picture to your host machine or crop out the windows environment.

lastly maybe try to make a theme for your reviews that reflect the website so same color scheme or incorporate them into the website like a blog so have posts instead of pdf files and try to minimize the space between each thing maybe look at av comparatives pdf files for kind of reference to what im talking about they have nice layouts for text and pictures

Looks good though, i cant wait to see where this goes :)

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

imsoadude said:
Looking at your website it looks good though i wouldnt have put the antivirus categories that didnt have reviews yet i would have added them dynamically.

next i looked at the webroot review and in the review for the ui screenshots you include the whole windows environment which make the screenshot smaller to see the ui, you could always take the screenshot with alt+print screen and then transfer the picture to your host machine or crop out the windows environment.

lastly maybe try to make a theme for your reviews that reflect the website so same color scheme or incorporate them into the website like a blog so have posts instead of pdf files and try to minimize the space between each thing maybe look at av comparatives pdf files for kind of reference to what im talking about they have nice layouts for text and pictures

Looks good though, i cant wait to see where this goes :)

Thanks very much for your thoughts!
the webroot one was my fault because i minimized the pictures to small by accident. thats why my next reviews are going to look a bit different since i was already looking for backgrounds for my reviews!

Thank you again!

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Cool website, I'll check it every couple of days....

on a side/off topic note,
I checked out the Zillya review, I'm still shocked how that malware you got affected your computer physically by using something that you figure would only happen in a action/horror movie "wrong choice". Never seen that happen before.... well, I dont want to say what it was since I would like the curious members to check out the review on your website or wait until you post it on MT. Did you happen to save that sample....?

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

3link9 said:

I checked out the Zillya review, I'm still shocked how that malware you got affected your computer physically by using something that you figure would only happen in a action/horror movie "wrong choice". Never seen that happen before.... well, I dont want to say what it was since I would like the curious members to check out the review on your website or wait until you post it on MT. Did you happen to save that sample....?

Thanks Man!!:)

And ill try and find that sample for you!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

Malware Security said:
3link9 said:

The website is underneath and i really don't know which sample it is, but its most likely the first 6 files. So try the first 6 files, but please do it in vmware or virtualbox because files like these could harm your pc badly!
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Malware-Pack-367-fresh-samples

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Malware Security said:
Malware Security said:
3link9 said:

The website is underneath and i really don't know which sample it is, but its most likely the first 6 files. So try the first 6 files, but please do it in vmware or virtualbox because files like these could harm your pc badly!
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Malware-Pack-367-fresh-samples
Keep up the good work!

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013

I posted your site over at Wilders. Anyone want to go over and give it a bump?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I know you export your files to a PDF then upload, but just a thought you could use Google Docs, and set as View Only. If that interests you, here's an example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_CZQER10_WnH_Lwxts2YK2c2pqDw8L9E4wTbgt-m97M/edit (View only)

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

Earth said:
I know you export your files to a PDF then upload, but just a thought you could use Google Docs, and set as View Only. If that interests you, here's an example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_CZQER10_WnH_Lwxts2YK2c2pqDw8L9E4wTbgt-m97M/edit (View only)

Thanks for your opinion, Ill probably do it!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Updates to my website!

I have added a section on the right side of the "home" tab to show the follow blog, upcoming antivirus review with the date. I have also added a couple sections under reviews tabe called, "Recent Reviewed Antivirus's," and a drop down menu under the "recent reviewed antivirus," to show a clean list of antivirus's rather then have a whole list on the page. One last thing is that my written reviews are a lot more appealing then before!

http://malwaresecurity.wordpress.com

Like, comment, and share!

Thanks!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Want to know when I post Antivirus Reviews?!?!

Go to my home website, on the right page, add your email address, and click "Follow"!!
Now you will get notifications through email when I post new antivirus reviews!

http://malwaresecurity.wordpress.com/

Thanks for supporting me!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I have changed the theme to make it look more attractive rather then simple!

"my linux os" tab has been updated, but i still did not post any videos. I am most likely doing it this week!

I am officially done changing my website besides updating little things of course!

Thanks for suggestions!

SPREAD THE WORD

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for explaining on how to use your site, much improved theme and great video intro. I may suggest that you leave a link in the Youtube description so new viewers can find it more easily.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.