Advice Request My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
PC: Aorus AD27QD

AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING

Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock

2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP

9700K STOCK

Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Pc was on idle and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload. 2 weeks ago something tripped 2 small circuit breakers . All electricity lights and sockets went down .Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned.

What tripped breaker? Halogen Bulb or Seasonic psu of my pc?

Like i said pc working normally after that outage.But i am worried about my psu.

Thx for helping me. I am not cooled down<lol>. Like i said pc working fine,but just was thinking that maybe psu get failed ,like one off?

Reactions: Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I bought a Seasonic recently I think the same model of yours, they are beautifully made & even if your are no gamer a good PSU I feel adds stability to your PC as the voltage rails are more constant - IMHO I would think your PSU really is the last thing I would be thinking of, more like your bulb?

Reactions: Brahman and plat

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Ok then. Why i ask about Seasonic?

6 months ago my monitor ( psu/fuse inside monitor ) get damaged and tripped breaker. PC was fine. I rma monitor and shop exchanged psu inside monitor.

Thats why i ask about Seasonic now. Pc psu is not the same like monitor psu?

So propably i had a bad luck with monitor ( 6 months ago ) and now 2 weeks ago with bulp?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Do you see any light coming out of your psu? Any spark or fire at all? Seasonic have 10 - 12 years warranty so I will not worry.

Reactions: plat

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Was this you in the Steam link? Maybe consider doing what was recommended in that post: move your machine to a different circuit if possible. Just to check indirectly: Is there proper voltage delivered to the 3, 5 and 12 rails? HWMonitor OR HWINFO

Example from my machine. The values should not dip below 5% re: 3, 5 12 volt rails. Do you have a really good-quality surge-protector? Or Uninterruptable Power Supply? Link to info about UPS: UPS

volts.PNG

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Pc was on idle and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload. 2 weeks ago something tripped 2 small circuit breakers . All electricity lights and sockets went down .Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned.
it can be a surge in your power lines, do you have an old refrigerator or an old air conditioner in your home, because these things switches on and off intermittently to regulate temperature and a bad thermostat/ compressor can cause a power sure in the circuit.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Seasonic are probably one of the best if not the best OEM PSU manufacturer around.

I recommend getting good quality surge protector for your PC or if your budget allows get a 1000 to 2000va UPS.

Frequent power failures or surges are not good for your PC in the long run so a UPS will be a worthy investment.

• +Reputation

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
I had previous monitor ACER PREDATOR , 11 months and it never tripped breaker. When i bought AORUS AD27QD it happened after 3 months,psu in monitor get damaged and burned and tripped breaker. So i guess its monitor fault?

3 weeks ago halogen bulb get burned. And its fine again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.