Feb 27, 2012
Have anyone tried this AV?
Check this out...

hxxp://www.mysecuritycenter.com/products/my-free-antivirus

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Yeah I saw it in the Microsoft list of AV venders.
I almost tried it however when I tried to download the free version it started asking for my tele number and my payment stuff so I didn't.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
3link9 said:
Yeah I saw it in the Microsoft list of AV venders.
I almost tried it however when I tried to download the free version it started asking for my tele number and my payment stuff so I didn't.

Same here :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I believe it to be a rogue software and I would not download or install this.WOT advises not opening the link.It tries to install a toolbar when updating,I should say makes you download the toolbar.It is not even worth the price of free.

There are some reviews about it and my favorite being "The only thing it detects is itself" :D There was a youtube video about it but it has been taken down.I wouldnt be surprised if it was related to MY Clean PC and all that other junk

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
exterminator20 said:
I believe it to be a rogue software and I would not download or install this.WOT advises not opening the link.It tries to install a toolbar when updating,I should say makes you download the toolbar.
Idk... Microsoft says otherwise.
I never trust WOT anymore, Most of the ratings are Biased.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
this is only bitdefender rebranded. their registration technique is odd though...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I know it did use Bitdefenders engine,whether or not they still do????? There are waaaayyyy better free choices than this.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
There are better choice if user want bitdefender engine:
Try F-secure,Emsisoft,G-Data,Trustport or Bitdefender itself

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
exterminator20 said:
I know it did use Bitdefenders engine,whether or not they still do????? There are waaaayyyy better free choices than this.
they`re using all of bitdefender!UI, colour, engine...:))they just changed the name...
and yeah, they`re still using bitdefender,

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
if you want free antivirus that use Bitdefender engine then there is Roboscan Internet Security free......

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
samit said:
if you want free antivirus that use Bitdefender engine then there is Roboscan Internet Security free......

Or just use Bitdefender's free AV.

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
exterminator20 said:
I believe it to be a rogue software and I would not download or install this.WOT advises not opening the link.It tries to install a toolbar when updating,I should say makes you download the toolbar.It is not even worth the price of free.

There are some reviews about it and my favorite being "The only thing it detects is itself" :D There was a youtube video about it but it has been taken down.I wouldnt be surprised if it was related to MY Clean PC and all that other junk
Its not a rogue software, it is an OEM rebrand of Bitdefender Antivirus
everything is the same except the name
Stranger said:
There are better choice if user want bitdefender engine:
Try F-secure,Emsisoft,G-Data,Trustport or Bitdefender itself
But they are not free
samit said:
You have to understand that just using Bitdefender Engine is not the same as using the Flagship Bitdefender Product, its a different product
Roboscan uses Bitdefender Engine as a second fiddle to their ALYac Engine
They don't use Bitdefender's Cloud, or Behaviour Blocker/HIPS (BHAVE)
overall result is
The Detection Rates(on-demand) are still More or less same, but the removal effectiveness and Protection is poor
and not to mention terrible compatibility issues, infrequent updates, BSODs

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Bitdefender has a free version now,Comodo,Avast,Avg,Avira,Panda Cloud and MSE.Just my personal opinion but I would install any of these over MyFree Antivirus whether or not it is an OEM rebrand of Bitdefender.There has been discussion about it on Malwarebytes forums and whether or not it is a rogue software{maybe a poor choice of words on my part} it still forces download of toolbar on update and is really not a good product.I have never seen a good unbiased review of this yet.I wouldnt recommend it to anyone since there are just more reputable and much better free choices out there.Some programs are better left alone unless of course you want a crash course in Malware removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.