G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 3200 C16 4x8GB
Storage
Crucial P1 3D NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB
PSU
CORSAIR RM750i 750W 80 PLUS GOLD
Monitor
BenQ GL2440
Keyboard and Mouse
Teclado Gamer+ Multimedia Ergonomic Gaming Mouse & Backlit Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard
Accessories
webcam: GoPro HERO8 Black
My computer protection
AVG Ultimate(with vpn) + AdGuard + PasswordBoss.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Almost identical hardware specs as yours, though in a small pile in a box right now, and my lovely gtx 1080 reference card is running in my current machine. A very competent setup that is. Love it.

I'm going to re-compile my 6700K with a new mainboard, PSU and case and transfer my NVIDIA-branded 1080 over when I determine what graphics card to get. Maybe an RTX 2190 if such a thing will exist.

Starting to see multiple comments about ray-tracing being more of a marketing gimmick than anything. So, it'll be interesting what Ampere has to offer, the 3060 and 3070 specifically. Ain't spending 1100 + USD for a gpu, that's for sure.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Almost identical hardware specs as yours, though in a small pile in a box right now, and my lovely gtx 1080 reference card is running in my current machine. A very competent setup that is. Love it.

I'm going to re-compile my 6700K with a new mainboard, PSU and case and transfer my NVIDIA-branded 1080 over when I determine what graphics card to get. Maybe an RTX 2190 if such a thing will exist.

Starting to see multiple comments about ray-tracing being more of a marketing gimmick than anything. So, it'll be interesting what Ampere has to offer, the 3060 and 3070 specifically. Ain't spending 1100 + USD for a gpu, that's for sure.
Ray tracing was amazing in Control, for what it’s worth. And Call of Duty MW, but there’s a performance impact. These skylake processors were little gems. I built my i7 6700 rig in 2016 and with a newer video card it’s still kicking.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.