Operating system
Windows 10
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
KPN Veilig ( F-secure safe rebrand provided by my IPS for free )
Voodooshield Free ( always on )
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
there is next to none to tinker with in f-secure and voodooshield free ,
added Hard_configurator for system wide hardening ( recommended settings ) and added all of the lolbins to win firewall with H_c
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Malwarebytes Anti Malware

adwcleaner
roguekilller
jrt tool
zhpcleaner when needed
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave : Bitdefender Traficlight - Netcraft - Ublock Origin - Lastpass - Internet Download Manager extension

Chrome : with the same extensions as Brave

both browsers are tweaked with the same security related flags.
Maintenance tools
Wisecare Pro , Bleachbit , Kerish Doctor , Privazer , Revo Uninstaller Pro.

Software Updaters :

Patchmypc
Ruckzuck
Sump
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free
System recovery
Eazyfix professional
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Hp Elitebook

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
yes I surely did brother. the only thing that is troublesome , driver issues with the touchpad on my laptop from time to time. previously I faced troubles with the wifi connection , that got broken randomly. we'll wait and see , how things play out in the near future.
Maybe you can try a driver utility
Maybe our friend @roger_m can recommend you a good tool

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
yes I surely did brother. the only thing that is troublesome , driver issues with the touchpad on my laptop from time to time. previously I faced troubles with the wifi connection , that got broken randomly. we'll wait and see , how things play out in the near future.
DriverHub is a very good free driver updater that you may want to try. Although it comes bundled with extra software, you have to manually opt in or out of installing it. Nothing extra get installed without your permission.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Maybe you can go for a Windows precision driver for your touchpad?
Have a great laptop but don't like the trackpad? This easy guide can show you how to replace your Elan or Synaptics drivers with the preferred Microsoft Precision ones instead!

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
"Brave : Bitdefender Traficlight - Netcraft - Ublock Origin - Lastpass - Internet Download Manager extension"

Why all these in Brave? :unsure: You have SafeBrowsing and built-in adblocking + Emsisoft web protection.

Unless you are a dangerous surfer or use µBO in medium mode it, like the others, is superfluous.

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
"Brave : Bitdefender Traficlight - Netcraft - Ublock Origin - Lastpass - Internet Download Manager extension"

Why all these in Brave? :unsure: You have SafeBrowsing and built-in adblocking + Emsisoft web protection.

Unless you are a dangerous surfer or use µBO in medium mode it, like the others, is superfluous.
is emsisoft webbrowsing part of brave?

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
thanks for the driver updater tips , but I do have driverbooster installed. today I finally found the culprit of my touchpad goofups....It was Comodo after all , I have no freakin' idea why it is! so made a change in my securtiy set up again , and it will stay this way!

rolled back to the baseline image of Eazyfix and installed @Andy Ful hard_configurator ( set at recommended + all the lolbins to windows firewall ) for realtime protection I have copied ( more or less ;) ) the security setup of our wellknown inhouse wizard @Gandalf_The_Grey :

- KPN Veilig ( F-secure rebrand from my ISP )
- Voodooshield Free

thats all and it runs fine! no problems with my wifi connection or mouse / touchpad anymore!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
thanks for the driver updater tips , but I do have driverbooster installed. today I finally found the culprit of my touchpad goofups....It was Comodo after all , I have no freakin' idea why it is! so made a change in my securtiy set up again , and it will stay this way!

rolled back to the baseline image of Eazyfix and installed @Andy Ful hard_configurator ( set at recommended + all the lolbins to windows firewall ) for realtime protection I have copied ( more or less ;) ) the security setup of our wellknown inhouse wizard @Gandalf_The_Grey :

- KPN Veilig ( F-secure rebrand from my ISP )
- Voodooshield Free

thats all and it runs fine! no problems with my wifi connection or mouse / touchpad anymore!
Wow never thought of Comodo as the culprit.
Glad you got that solved (y)

How do you like F-Secure Safe (KPN Veilig/Ziggo Safe Online)?

I'm still not convinced what's the best addition to F-Secure: Hard_Configurator or VoodooShield.
I'm thinking about: if you locked everything down with Hard_Configurator why do you still need VoodooShield?
If you don't want to lock things down, then VoodooShield is a great companion.
Both seems overkill.
What do other members think about this?

Nautilus

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 27, 2020
Wow never thought of Comodo as the culprit.
Glad you got that solved (y)

How do you like F-Secure Safe (KPN Veilig/Ziggo Safe Online)?

I'm still not convinced what's the best addition to F-Secure: Hard_Configurator or VoodooShield.
I'm thinking about: if you locked everything down with Hard_Configurator why do you still need VoodooShield?
If you don't want to lock things down, then VoodooShield is a great companion.
Both seems overkill.
What do other members think about this?

I have used past versions before , but they did run kinda heavy. since they added avira sigs / engine ( god knows how long they will keep this up ) it is noticably lighter on resources and webbrowsing mainly. I know it is kind of overkill , but this combo plays nicely and I like to secure every nook and cranny even if it means some overkill. I really wished fsecure would design / build their own inhouse firewall , instead of piggybacking on - / boosting windows firewall....

edit : will remove voodooshield , before bad things will happen again in terms of overlap / overkill.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.