Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
AdGuard Blocker and WoT
Maintenance tools
CCcleaner Pro
N

Noxx

You don't use ADGUARD Blocker AND ADGUARD premium at the same time, do you? Only need one, or the other. I obviously recommend the desktop app. Also, WOT is integrated into ADGUARD premium, so you don't need the WOT extension. That's really it. Thanks for sharing your config.

Naxxy

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 27, 2016
You don't use ADGUARD Blocker AND ADGUARD premium at the same time, do you? Only need one, or the other. I obviously recommend the desktop app. Also, WOT is integrated into ADGUARD premium, so you don't need the WOT extension. That's really it. Thanks for sharing your config.

Thanks for the info :) , tho i read on the adguard site that the premium version and the extension do blend together:

Pasted from ADguardsite--"Can I use browser extension together with Adguard for Windows?
Yes, you can use a browser extension together with desktop version. In this case the extension will operate as “Adguard Assistant”" --

About the WoT extension just like the green marks it puts on safe links but other then that i guess its not needed since ADguard checks links already :p

Which Bitdefender product are you using? Configuration looks good though. Optional, but I suggest throwing on a second on-demand scanner to be safe.

I'm using the free version, had the payed Internet Suite till a few months ago but i found it packed with too much stuff i don't use and since the free version seems to do a good job i didn't see a point in spending more cash ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Add Malwarebytes Anti Exploit for added protection. Other than that great config.

Reactions: Naxxy

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I'm using the free version, had the payed Internet Suite till a few months ago but i found it packed with too much stuff i don't use and since the free version seems to do a good job i didn't see a point in spending more cash ;)
From what I have heard the free version is still not compatible with Windows 10. Or has that changed recently?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It works Phoenix but it is a pain to get installed.
Some time back i had to download the Offline installer and tried 3 times before I got it to work.
So if you have thoughts on attempting an install, bring a bucket full of patience. lol

Nice config Naxxy and welcome to MT, pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
PeAcE

Naxxy

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 27, 2016
It works Phoenix but it is a pain to get installed.
Some time back i had to download the Offline installer and tried 3 times before I got it to work.
So if you have thoughts on attempting an install, bring a bucket full of patience. lol

Nice config Naxxy and welcome to MT, pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
PeAcE

Tnx for the welcome. And to be honest had no issue at all installing BitDef free on Win 10, downloaded it then installed and its working like a breeze :)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Your welcome Naxxy and count yourself lucky on the Bitdefender Install, glad it's working for you.
PeAcE

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.