Need help configuring the firewall (KIS 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello! If anybody would like to help me here i'd highly appreciate it, i'm having a troubled time trying to customize Kaspersky's firewall in order to achieve the maximum security.

1jLs7UC.jpg

"Allow connections on random ports for active FTP mode" - should i disable this?

6muYNi5.jpg

Should i change any configuration in here? (this part is default, i never touched it)

Thank you so much for any comments you can give. :)

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
@RoboMan is there a help file? That might be very helpful with the internet connections. The settings are strict on appearances, but I think I would like to know how Kas defines local services...like a very technical description.

I have a home network, and I really like what I see in this pic. However, I worry whether app installed services are considered local services and this kind of thing. I hate the way some security apps seem to refer to activity as Windows when it's really an app using Windows somehow.

Thanks for posting these. I don't know why, but I feel like I have been one reason from paying for Kas. Maybe this is the one.

@RoboMan is there a help file? That might be very helpful with the internet connections. The settings are strict on appearances, but I think I would like to know how Kas defines local services...like a very technical description.

I have a home network, and I really like what I see in this pic. However, I worry whether app installed services are considered local services and this kind of thing. I hate the way some security apps seem to refer to activity as Windows when it's really an app using Windows somehow.

Thanks for posting these. I don't know why, but I feel like I have been one reason from paying for Kas. Maybe this is the one.

There is a help file online. It is very basic.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
0v0Zgtf.png

Kaspersky's Application Control by default trusts all digitally signed applications. Does this mean all digitally signed applications are safe? Do they have a blacklist or even better whitelist of safe signatures or a way to check a signature is valid? Or should i disable this option?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
0v0Zgtf.png

Kaspersky's Application Control by default trusts all digitally signed applications. Does this mean all digitally signed applications are safe? Do they have a blacklist or even better whitelist of safe signatures or a way to check a signature is valid? Or should i disable this option?
I bet it's "trust, but monitor." :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
They are moved to Trusted group in 1st execution, but of course are monitored and also They have blacklisting even for "digitally signed applications"...

Keeping this setting on will avoid some troubles with many new applications to be moved to restrictions groups and break installations, for example... that being said, in my working paranoid system, I have it disabled :D:p of course I check Application Control restrictions groups in every installation, also I'm in Interactive Mode, so You will be prompted if some restricted application during installation wants to access to critical system areas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.