Need help deciding monitor+GPU! Are there any techies here???

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
So i´m on with a new build.
This time i have an assignment to buy and assemble a gamingpc for my neighbours son. I know a bit about computers but when it comes to monitors i suck!!
Now you obviously need to know about G-Sync and Freesync in order to get the most out of the experience and i need some help.
He will be gaming in 1080 and play games like CS, Battlefield (Not BF1) etc. Also some light videoediting (which i didn´t know when i bought the CPU).

The rest of the components i got second hand are:
Mobo: MSI Z77A-G45 (1155)
CPU: I5 3570K
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
CPU Cooler: Noctua D14

Also planning to get:
- GPU: unknown
- Monitor: Unknown
- PSU: EVGA GQ 650w (Overkill i know, but i like ém big and stable!) :)
- SSD: OCZ TL100 240GB
- HDD: WD Blue 1TB
- Chassi: Phanteks Eclipse P400S

I need to find a GOOD gaming monitor with a decent GPU for a "LOW" price... Not the easiest equation i´ve found out!
My thoughts on GPU´s are either 1050Ti, 1060 or RX 470. I´m usually a fan of the green team but found the monitor AOC G2460VQ6 @75HZ for a decent price supporting Freesync which is why i consider the RX 470 as an alternative instead of going for the 1060. The 1050Ti seems a bit weak to survive more than a year or so performancewise.

Suggestions and thoughts anyone??

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Don't get G-Sync for the love of god. Waste of money and from what i understand you are on a budget. If you can afford it get a 1060 and a 144hz monitor and you are done. Now if you want to save cash skip the 144. He will survive with 60 but you notice the difference in games like cs go.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Wait for 10 days and try to find RX 470 (MSI, Gigabyte and Sapphire ones are great) for 170$ and enjoy a long time 1080p gaming :)
Yeah, think i´ll wait and see what´s on offer on Black Friday the 25th. Hopefully i can get a good deal on a GPU and maybe a monitor as well!

asus vp228te should be great for him. I like it :)
Probably, but there are virtually no stores that sell that monitor here. Also it has no HDMI or Displayport which is a bummer even if DVI is sufficient at 1080. Just need to find a trustworthy store that sells it and it might be a good option! :)
The option i have that are similar, but more expensive, is Asus VX248H.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.