Need opinions about content filtering..

kare423

Thread author
Apr 15, 2016
Hi all.. I own a startup company. Recently, it was noted that some of the employees excessively accessing social networks during the working hours. Initially I had planned to block those sites. But later I realized that it would make some negatives inside them. When I approached
Code:
http://nci.ca/services/?section=Solutions
, they told me that the access can be controlled by time of the day. I just amazed. Is it true? Is it possible to avail the sites during the interval time only? Do you have any other suggestions for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Hi all.. I own a startup company. Recently, it was noted that some of the employees excessively accessing social networks during the working hours. Initially I had planned to block those sites. But later I realized that it would make some negatives inside them. When I approached
Code:
http://nci.ca/services/?section=Solutions
, they told me that the access can be controlled by time of the day. I just amazed. Is it true? Is it possible to avail the sites during the interval time only? Do you have any other suggestions for me?

There are software that you can use to restrict access to websites. Each of them has their own features. Most use router\DNS settings. You can also use Windows' built-in parental controls on W8/W10.

Here is just an example of what is available (NOTE: link is to software for Mac users): How to Limit Internet Access by Day and Time with ContentBarrier

There are a lot of such software available.

Reactions: kev216

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.