Needing feedback again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
I need some feedback again on a config that I'm going to use, this time I think it's pretty decent, here it is..

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2P
Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3GHz
RAM: Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII 7200rpm
Case (comes with PSU): Pegasus PE08A
Graphics card: ATI Sapphire HD 6450 1GB
Cooler: Cooler Master S754/939

Remember, I'm not going to use this PC for a lot of intense games, only some casual stuff (for now, I know I'm going to install GTA IV, Nexuiz, Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Virtua Tennis 4 and Portal 2). What ya think? This fits roughly in to my budget (going to buy a monitor as well).

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
are you going to buy with those specs? The specs is not the best but it will do for low settings when gaming; the gpu is a entry gpu so the fps (frames per second) won't be high.

If you already have the system, try to unlock the cpu since it's a quadcore (one core is "disabled") in the Bios/CMOS. for this you need the right motherboard. interesting article

When gaming the gpu is the most important part. cpu has an influence but that minimal.

Next time share and see if others can't find something better :)

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
Valentin N said:
are you going to buy with those specs? The specs is not the best but it will do for low settings when gaming; the gpu is a entry gpu so the fps (frames per second) won't be high.

If you already have the system, try to unlock the cpu since it's a quadcore (one core is "disabled") in the Bios/CMOS. for this you need the right motherboard. interesting article

When gaming the gpu is the most important part. cpu has an influence but that minimal.

Next time share and see if others can't find something better :)

This may or may not be true. Early Athlon II's were phenom II's with bad cores, bad L3 cache, etc. If your processor is one of the newer ones than there is probably a reason why it is disabled. The newer Athlon II's are not the same chip as the Phenom II's.

Run CPUz (now CPUID) and tell us what the Code Name of your processor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.