NeuShield Data Sentinel

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I just came across this new company called NeuShield. They produce a software called Data Sentinel, which is a type of anti-ransomware with several other features.

Check it out and let me know what you think about it. Does it look trustworthy?

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
I just came across this new company called NeuShield. They produce a software called Data Sentinel, which is a type of anti-ransomware with several other features.

Check it out and let me know what you think about it. Does it look trustworthy?
It seems to be an effective solution to have a look at the content of the program.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
This product has been mentioned recently in the Vooddoshield new project thread, so I'm wondering what is everyone's experience with it.

A free product currently available essentially has these capabilities. The product is Neushield Data Sentinel which I'm doing a quickie evaluation. So far it seems to work quite nicely in reversing changes done by ransomware to the files in the usual folders (Doc's, Pictures, Music, Desktop, etc).

So how does it interact with other products that offer rollback features such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky or Webroot? Their webpage claims it is compatible with other security products.

Ashampoo_Snap_quarta-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2021_10h33m20s_001_.png

Also I read some reviews online that inform Neushield does not commit changes immediately and in case of infection will restore the documents to 24 hours old version.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
As posted in VoodooShield new project: SimpleBackup I had some troubles after having installed NeuShield with Windows 10 built-in features like Controlled Folder Access and File History.
After sending a message to them on their contact page I'm now in contact with their support to help them troubleshoot the issues that I had.
I will keep you all posted here.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
What did they tell you?
Support mailed me and asked me to help them troubleshoot:
That's not normal. Can you help us troubleshoot this issue?

Here are the steps:

Reboot to start from a clean system.

Download and install the latest build: https://www.neushield.com/files/products/nds/2.5/1385/nds.exe

Download and run Process Monitor.

Start process monitor and make sure it is collecting data.

Reproduce the issue by attempting to backup files.

Stop process monitor and save all logs to a folder (make sure you chose the option to save all logs, it is not enabled by default).

Collect NeuShield debug files. See: https://support.neushield.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045608413-How-to-collect-debug-logs

Zip up the files and send it to us. Make sure to zip the process monitor logs as they will be quite large!
I will try to do that this weekend.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The logs are sent to NeuShield support.
The size of the backup almost doubled in size (from 50,6GB to 95,7GB) with NeuShield installed.
I think that's the main reason for the failure to backup with File History (backup drive full).
When I get an answer from support, I will let you all know.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.