Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AVG Family Safety
AVG Family Safety means you know your children are safe online. Helps protect them from online predators, blocks inappropriate content and sends you instant alerts if there’s a problem.

• Set up profiles by child
  • Keep an eye on content
  • Track social media activity
  • Manage time & apps
  • Stay informed
  • Access on the fly

Edit:
Beta testing of AVG Family Safety ended on April 7, 2011.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: New AVG Family Safety Beta Testing

I can't find any news about this so far. I downloaded the 10MB program, installed and rebooted. However, I couldn't get pass the login screen of the program, since see Edit in original post.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Let's just wait from the coming days if family safety will be free or paid. Yet i registered and checked but no information about being free or paid.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Security firm AVG has come out with a new product called "AVG Family Safety" designed to "protect today's tech-savvy but increasingly vulnerable children online." That reads a lot like 'parental controls' to us, and from what we gather, that's basically what it is. In addition, AVG claims this wonder tool can filter unwanted communication from online predators and cyber-bullying from over 80 different social network sites, while also allowing you to monitor chats and network threads.

"At AVG we are aware that many parents are concerned they might not have the necessary tools to effectively protect their children from online threats. Parents need to feel safe in the knowledge that their children understand and are protected from web-based dangers," said J.R. Smith, CEO, AVG Technologies. "With 'AVG Family Safety,' AVG is taking its expertise in security technology and expanding it to new areas of online protection for the modern family.

AVG Family Safety is not a free program
AVG Family Safety is available now for $20 (1 year subscription, 3 PCs).

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I updated the first post. :D

Just curious, but do a lot of parents use these types of software?

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Ummmmm. Yes I do. The problem is most don't know they exsist. Paying for parent controls is absurd. NetNanny is the best paid solution for content filtering. I do not use parent controls to control what my Son does on the computer. I use them as a piece of mind. It's good knowing that my Son can use the pc even when I'm not around and be safe from all the crap on the Internet.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Online Family Norton is very good. Just try it yourself. Make another use account and install OFN to monitor that account. OFN and WLFS are pretty much on par with each other and both are free. OFN has search history where as WLFS does not. WLFS have download control where as OFN does not. Both can be remotely controlled from any pc by simply logging into the site.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AVG Family Safety and LiveKive are new modules part of AVG LinkScanner too.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: AVG Family Safety reviewed by PC Mag

Bottom Line

AVG Family Safety offers exactly the same comprehensive mix of parental control features as Editors' Choice Bsecure Online. Naturally--it's a licensed version of Bsecure. At its current price, though, it's a much better deal.

PC Mag Editors Choice

PC Mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.