New Mirai malware variant infects Linux devices to build DDoS botnet

Orchid

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 27, 2023
A new Mirai botnet variant tracked as ‘V3G4’ targets 13 vulnerabilities in Linux-based servers and IoT devices to use in DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks.

The malware spreads by brute-forcing weak or default telnet/SSH credentials and exploiting hardcoded flaws to perform remote code execution on the target devices. Once a device is breached, the malware infects the device and recruits it into its botnet swarm.

New Mirai malware variant infects Linux devices to build DDoS botnet

Reactions: vtqhtr413

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Access denied... Error 1008. Obviously Bleeping Computer/Cloudflare don't like Australian based VPN servers or ProtonVPN.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 8.40.24 pm.jpg

Weird huh... Surely its not because they can't track me...

Reactions: piquiteco

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
View attachment 272974

Weird huh... Surely its not because they can't track me...o I
Yes, this is true, it happened to me a few times when accessing the Bleeping Computer website connected to the VPN and this appeared, I had to disconnect from the VPN to access, for some reason the IP must be blacklisted by cloudflare so it prevents access, another probable cause is that the IP was used by a denial of service attack (DDoS) in the past or for another reason that we may not know yet.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Oh well, not THAT interested in anything Bleeping Computer's got to say anyway...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.