Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
New Norton Identity Safe website

FAQ: Norton Identity Safe Website:

What can you do with the Norton Identity Safe website?

You can now conveniently access your Identity Safe online vault from any web browser - without needing browser extensions or mobile apps! You can view and edit your website logins, credit card details, notes, and more.

IDSafe_webpage.png

Is it safe to use the Norton Identity Safe website?

For safety, you should always use a trusted web browser.

The Norton Identity Safe website uses industry-standard AES encryption and TLS secure connections to your browser to help keep your vault data private.

Your vault password is the only key able to unlock your vault data, and your vault password is never sent or stored anywhere. Your decrypted vault data is never sent to any websites, including Symantec's own servers.

Vault_Lock.png

Why are two passwords used for Norton Identity Safe?

The passwords are used for two different reasons.

First, your Norton account password identifies you and your individual online vault. It also gives you access to other Norton services.

Next, your vault password is used to make a key to help secure your vault data.

IDSafe_Password.png

The Norton Identity Safe website looks different than before - what changed and why?

The website has been refreshed with an entirely new implementation and a new look to make it easier to use.

There are many changes under the hood too that will help us deliver new features and improvements more quickly across our website, browser extensions, and mobile apps.

IDSafe_Looks_Different.png
How do I retrieve my password if I lose or forget it?

If you have forgotten your Norton account password and want to reset it, go to My Norton.

If you have forgotten the vault password and the password hint does not help, you need to delete the Identity Safe online vault. For security reasons, if you have forgotten your Identity Safe vault password, you cannot reset or retrieve the vault password.

If you still cannot remember your vault password, you need to reset your vault. All the contents of your vault will be deleted when you reset your vault. When you delete the online vault, all your stored data is lost. However, if you have exported or backed up your vault, you can import this data into your new vault.

Source: New Norton Identity Safe website

Reactions: ttto and harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.