Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing involving extensions, only experimental flag settings.

upload_2016-7-23_0-56-8.png

@Amiga500 Infinity New Tab does look interesting, does it perform as well as they claim?

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Nothing involving extensions, only experimental flag settings.

View attachment 109630

@Amiga500 Infinity New Tab does look interesting, does it perform as well as they claim?
many thanks huracan and i have enabled that flag in chrome.
As far as infinity is concerned,yes it is a nice extension but i have noticed when using the bing search engine that something called "trovi.com" appears in the omnibox briefly and then bing produces results as normal.
What is trovi.com...?

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I found this information about "trovi" in the "Infinity New Tab" Privacy Policy...

Search advertising revenue

Some of the web search services provided herein are provided by Trovi Search and powered by Trovi search partners. For information on the web search services data collection, please visit Privacy Policy, and the search provider's privacy policy, as applicable.
InfinityNewTab Privacy Policy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I sometimes switch between goodsearch which donmates a penny to a organization charity of ypour choicefor every new search you make. And I found out ecosia which every 1-2 searches makes ewnwough ad revenue so they can go and plant trees.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Thank you everyone for those replies.This extension does make the new tab page very attractive and i cant seem to find a similar add on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.