Next Nintendo Console Cannibalizing PS3 for Parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
wii-blu-ray-5163736.jpg

What did I tell you? Not 24 hours from the original Wii 2 "at E3, if not sooner" rumor, and we're already hearing others, like this one from Blu-ray.com, that Nintendo's so-called "new console" may include a Blu-ray drive. What's next: That it'll support Microsoft Kinect?

Once more, we're told that "sources have revealed" that Nintendo plans to slap a Blu-ray drive in its next console (to be revealed at this summer's E3 trade show) with a nod to another rumor Blu-ray.com picked up in October 2009. That one had Nintendo planning to release a Blu-ray-based Wii 2 last year, third quarter. I guess that wasn't intended to be a factual statement.

More info

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Blue ray can't be expected to be kept within the limits of Sony forever if they want it to be a success.
They should consider themselves lucky that it has been kept to them for this long.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
When you think about it, are there any real alternatives?
i mean besides DVD, but dvd doesn't really belong in a next-gen console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.