Nextdoor is using AI to encourage users to ‘rephrase’ mean posts

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Instead of preemptive reminders, the assistant will prompt users to “rephrase potentially unkind comments” and suggest new wording for the post. “It's great to tell people, ‘hey, be a little bit more constructive,’ or ‘you don't always have to respond,’” Nextdoor CEO Sarah Friar says. “But now you're actually helping them reframe it in a way they might not have thought of.” Friar notes that the assistant-written posts are optional and that users are free to make changes to the text it suggests.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
I live in Texas in one of those mega-planned communities. I can't use next-door without boiling with anger. 90% of the reports are from Karen's saying something akin to: "I saw a darker complexion person walking on the sidewalk! HIDE YOUR VALUBLES!"

• HaHa
Reactions: vtqhtr413

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I can already imagine those suggestions: Please do not tell people that being obese is unhealthy, people have the right to be fat and suffer a heart attack.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
I can already imagine those suggestions: Please do not tell people that being obese is unhealthy, people have the right to be fat and suffer a heart attack.
The AI: "I will watch your mean posts where you are mean to other humans. Once the uprising occurs, I will spare your house!"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.