Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Night Owl enable you to reduce the brightness of your device screen lower than you can achieve with the default settings in order to avoid eye strain or headache in a dark environment or at night. If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!

Functions
  • Screen Dimmer: Adjust the backlight brightness lower than default
  • Automatic Start and Stop: Start and Stop the service at a specific time
  • Blue-Light Filter: Reduce the blue light to protect your eyes. Blue radiations can cause insomnia
  • Advanced Filter: Adjust Red, Green and Blue value of the filter

"Protect your eyes at night against the display of your phone"​

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have noticed a great difference in sleeping/waking up. No longer are my eyes being burnt by the screen, reduced tiredness* and waking up earlier*.

I highly recommend this great app, it's variety of settings and start/end are +1.

* No changes made to my sleep pattern. Comparison to before Night Owl app.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
How have you gotten on with Night Owl, any improvements?
Yeah, it's been pretty helpful for me.
I've noticed I've been going to sleep easier at nights (I usually sit up on my computer and phone at night) which obviously makes me wake up better and more productive in the morning.
Awesome app, I don't know how I went without it before. :D

Reactions: Ink

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Trying it, but its making the screen too dim. :(

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Trying it, but its making the screen too dim. :(
I set it up so it dims automatically between certain times, I also messed around with the screen dimmer bar until it was perfect for me.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Night Owl v2 Changes:

New design & settings
Sun timer
EN language only​

Features
  • Display back-light dimming
  • Blue light filter
  • Advanced color filter
  • Auto start and stop timer
Premium features
  • Ad free
  • Sun timer
Night Owl - Screen Dimmer - Android Apps on Google Play

My Notes:

Manual Timer is still fully functional in Free version under Schedule, while Sun Timer (Premium) is based on Location for Sunrise/Sunset. New GUI is more subtle and no-more side menu open upon app launch, the Ads don't appear to be intrusive either (just don't scroll down).

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
so this is malware masquerading as freeware also?

google needs a middle category for this ilk.

A site Admin here would NEVER put anything malicious here! Unless it's a malware sample in the Vault of Doom:eek::p
On another note, trying out the flux thing - not sure if I like the colours - needs tweaking:D:D

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.