There the link:

http://nightly.mozilla.org/

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
What's the difference between the normal Firefox and this one?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
This one is supposed to integrate the new potential features improvements and optimizations. Beware some addons may not works (i forgot the about:config line to make them compatible again) and you need to update it every 2 days.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If I'm right MrXidus uses this right? Think I might look into it looks good.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
McLovin, I use the 64-bit Nightly UX version. Auto updates and I have all my "incompatible " extensions forced enabled and working fine as I can see.

I only use it for testing on certain websites and just to keep up with all the latest UI changes or modifications. My main browser is Chromium now.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
McLovin, I use the 64-bit Nightly UX version. Auto updates and I have all my "incompatible " extensions forced enabled and working fine as I can see.

I only use it for testing on certain websites and just to keep up with all the latest UI changes or modifications. My main browser is Chromium now.

Ahh, right then. If most addons won't work or some of them are incompatible, think I'll stick to Chrome.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
you can tweak it to allow incompatible adons via "about:config" but i forgot the config line. it is somewhere in the forum.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
you can tweak it to allow incompatible adons via "about:config" but i forgot the config line. it is somewhere in the forum.

Never really gone deep into Firefox like that. :lolz:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
With Nightly you have the advantage to use the browser with the experimental features before to be release through stable browser update. However bugs may present on Nightly which were not squash out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I began used Nightly during past days in Linux and not surprise on how many times I encounter crashes.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Oh really? i never had one since i use it, and i started at v10 ^^

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, however its no more an issue for me about Nightly since I'm aware about the consequences and its experimental browser.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I use Nightly UX because I has problem after update Nightly.

Now I have problem with Bookmarks in Firefox Nightly UX- I try move them to Bookmarks Toolbar but something is wrong. :(

But this browser working stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.