No Internal Changes on the iPad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
A teardown of the fourth-generation iPad, which some have taken to calling the iPad 4, reveals that besides the addition of Apple's Lightning connector, the tablet's internal design has remained untouched when compared to the previous iteration.

Source

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is a video tear down of the iPad 4:

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm confused to what iPad 4 is, the Apple website shows iPad 2 (for comparison), iPad Mini and iPad w/ Retina Display.

What's iPad 4?

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Earth said:
I'm confused to what iPad 4 is, the Apple website shows iPad 2 (for comparison), iPad Mini and iPad w/ Retina Display.

What's iPad 4?
iPad with retina display is iPad 3 :p, not much of a difference on iPad 2 and iPad 3 just the pad 3 has a better GPU(though there has been a lot of ppl complaining about heating issue) and a retina display and then we have our Newest, most innovative iPad ever the iPad 4 :p which just has an improved CPU (Apple A6X SoC) and the Lightning Connector over iPad 3

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It's an iPad with the number 4 at the end of iPad.That's enough by itself to shell out half a grand

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wow. I knew iPad 4 was in the works, but I hadn't realised it was released so soon.

iSheep should be complaining, the new management in Apple sucks.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
mercurial said:
A teardown of the fourth-generation iPad, which some have taken to calling the iPad 4, reveals that besides the addition of Apple's Lightning connector, the tablet's internal design has remained untouched when compared to the previous iteration.

Why am I reminded of this?

The Emperor's New Clothes

Plot

A vain Emperor who cares for nothing hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid". The Emperor cannot see the clothing himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position; his ministers do the same. When the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects, who play along with the pretense, until a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

I think Apple is dressing all the iPad 4 users in new clothes... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.