No internet after installing Bitdefenders 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enworb

Thread author
Sep 22, 2015
I recently tried Bitdefenders Internet Security 2016 but it prevented me from being able to access the internet. Is this something that has happened to anyone else, or was i just unlucky?

Reactions: Anupam

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I recently tried Bitdefenders Internet Security 2016 but it prevented me from being able to access the internet. Is this something that has happened to anyone else, or was i just unlucky?

For me it made my WiFi connection so slow that I had to remove it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have moved your thread to Bitdefender Talk, as the Security Configuration Wizards requires more details and your post didn't follow the Guidelines, as pinned in the sub-forum.

Do you have any other security software installed, prior or alongside Bitdefender Internet Security 2016?

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, to isolate the problem, I think you can try to disable the following three modules respectively:
  • Firewall
  • Web Protection
  • IDS (Instruction Detection System)
After you can identify the module that causes this problem, then you can write a letter to the customer service of Bitdefender to submit this problem.
Then they will require you to send them a snapshot and they will try to solve your problem.
Sometimes we need to wait 2~3 days for their reply, but in my cases, their reply can solve most of my problems eventually.

Reactions: Exterminator

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
This is what they emailed me after contacting support:

1. Open the Bitdefender program > Protection > click on Firewall > make sure the Firewall is turned ON (the blue check-mark from top-right) > go to the "Adapters" tab:

• at "Network Type" select "Home/Office"
  • at "Stealth Mode" select "Off" >
  • at "Generic" select "On"
2. Now please go back to settings and disable the option: "Block Internet Connection Sharing"

3. Restart the computer and let me know how everything is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.