Nobu's PC Setup

Nobu

Thread author
Nov 18, 2015
I plan to do a fresh install of Windows 10 with this configuration.

About ZoneAlarm I have read several threads about that Comodo Free Firewall is a better. I've used Comodo and I like it :) but I look for something more friendly with the alerts. Any suggestions are welcome.

Backup and Recovery: I had problems with the restore function in Windows 10, no longer gives me confidence.

Machine: old Notebook with first generation Intel i7, 8Gb RAM, 500GB HD.

Cheers guys

(sry for weak English)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

advices:

- Backup Alternatives : Macrium Reflect or Backup For Windows
- be careful with Glaries' registry cleaner.

Reactions: LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very good configuration.

Regarding to the third party firewall, PrivateFirewall can be an alternative but the UI is too classy.
Meanwhile Outpost contains color coded alerts for better user interaction response.

AOIMEI Backupper or EASEUS Todo Backup can be your choice

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
A couple good backup solutions are Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both offer free versions.
IMO CCleaner is more than enough I would use caution with Glary Utilities especially the registry cleaner
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome & FF.
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it :)

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Zone Alarm free firewall is not a bad choice and permission management is simple.

I have ever heard that Zonalarm Firewall Free can be upgraded to Zonealarm Antivirus+Firewall Free though there is no such a version shown in their website. Is that true?

By the way, now that ZA Antivirus uses the engine of Kaspersky, does it have the features of System Watcher, like system rollback?

Some one has shown me that the complete version of ZA has the dlls corresponding to System Watcher, but he did not test whether the functions can be actually carried out or not...

L

LabZero

I have ever heard that Zonalarm Firewall Free can be upgraded to Zonealarm Antivirus+Firewall Free though there is no such a version shown in their website. Is that true?

By the way, now that ZA Antivirus uses the engine of Kaspersky, does it have the features of System Watcher, like system rollback?

Some one has shown me that the complete version of ZA has the dlls corresponding to System Watcher, but he did not test whether the functions can be actually carried out or not...
Honestly I don't know if you can upgrade free firewall to AV free + firewall.
Long ago on the site was available a free version with Kaspersky engine but with the update limit (not hourly).
But now i am not informed.

S

Sr. Normal

ZoneAlarm is my favorite firewall. Easy and really good. ;)

@Online_Sword and @Klipsh you can download Zonealarm 2016 free antivirus + firewall here

Versión de ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall: 14.1.011.000
Versión de Vsmon: 14.1.11.0
Versión del controlador: 14.1.7.0
Versión de motor antivirus: 8.6.0.95
Versión de archivo DAT de firma de antivirus: 1199653120

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.