Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Noiszy: Noiszy
ipFlood: ipFlood – Add-ons for Firefox

Noiszy is a browser plugin that creates meaningless web data - digital "noise." For Chrome and chromium forks.
IPFlood generates random IP to fake the use of a proxy. For Firefox and Firefox forks.

They're listening. Make some noise.

New in Noiszy 2.0: Add your own custom sites.
Whatever you do online, you leave digital tracks behind. These digital footprints are used to market to you - and to influence your thinking and behavior.
Congress has voted to allow ISPs to collect and sell your online information without your consent.
Erasing these footprints - or not leaving them in the first place - is becoming more difficult, and less effective. Hiding from data collection isn't working.
Instead, we can make our collected data less actionable by leaving misleading tracks, camouflaging our true behavior.
We can resist being manipulated by making ourselves harder to analyze - both individually, and collectively.
We can take back the power of our data.
Noiszy is a browser plugin that creates meaningless web data - digital "noise."
It visits and navigates around websites, from within your browser, leaving misleading digital footprints around the internet. Noiszy only visits a list of sites that you approve, and only works when you turn it on. Run Noiszy in the background while you're working, or start Noiszy when you're not using your browser, and it sends meaningless data to these sites for as long as you let it run.
This meaningless data dilutes the significance of your "real" data, by creating a campaign of misinformation. You become more difficult for an algorithm to understand, market to, or manipulate. You can outsmart the "filter bubble".
To use Noiszy:
Open a new tab.
Click the Noiszy icon.
Choose the sites you want Noiszy to randomly browse, and click Start.
Noiszy randomly chooses from your list of sites. Then, every minute or so, it randomly chooses from and clicks on links within those pages, choosing only onsite links that don't open new windows. After about 2-5 onsite clicks, Noiszy randomly chooses another site from the list, and repeats the process. This continues (even when your tab is in the background) until you close the tab or click Stop.
Version: 2.0
Updated: April 22, 2017
Size: 65.39KiB
offered by noiszy.com

Comments:
"Its easy to use - set it and forget it - and love the purpose"
"Good start to a horrible future."
---------------------------------------------------

IPFlood generates random IP according to the settings you define and uses them to fake the use of a proxy. It will allow you to be fully anonymous on several websites and applications and will sow more doubt on the others...
IP address is no longer a trusted data...
Simulate the use of a series of proxy changing at each new connection.
Version: 1.2.1.1-signed.1-signed
Last updated: 3 years ago (Oct 30, 2014)
Homepage: IPFlood ! (former IP#####)

Comment:
"Your ip obviously will not change... This addon only put fake ips to the post/get header :)
So this addon only hide your ip from the server log..."

Read for you:
This simple script renders data collected by your ISP unusable
thenextweb.com: This simple script renders data collected by your ISP unusable
"...For those that have the technical chops, GitHub user “essandess” created a script that creates the noise calls for you. The script works on Mac and Linux, sending random noise calls at increments defined by the user. In on-page examples, the default explanation involves a noise call about once every five seconds, which should leave even the most bandwidth-squeezed users from running into the business end of their data caps.
All told, essandess estimates bandwidth usage under 50GB per month using the supplied example of 20,000 random calls. It accomplishes this by stripping “noise” websites of images, which means you’ll be downloading less information from each page visited...."

Last edited:

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
Have you (or anyone else) tried these?

"This simple script renders data collected by your ISP unusable" only works on Mac and Linux.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Similar to Noiszy solution to scramble tracks is TrackMeNot Chrome extension and Firefox add-on!

ForgottenSeer 58943 wrote in another thread here: Phones tracking even in Airplane Mode without sim cards.
"Noiszy uses source code from the TMN project. The TMN project started as an anti-surveillance research project based on the anti-surveillance technologies in the MIT research paper "A Tack in the Shoe". TrackMeNot "https://cs.nyu.edu/trackmenot/

Chrome:
TrackMeNot
offered by TMN Team
Version: 0.10.0
Updated: April 17, 2017
Size: 119KiB
Here on the Web Store: TrackMeNot
Protect against data profiling by search engines
Listed as one of the best Chrome security extension by "MakeUseOf": The Best Chrome Extensions
TrackMeNot is a lightweight browser extension that helps protect web searchers from surveillance and data-profiling by search engines. It does so not by means of concealment or encryption (i.e. covering one's tracks), but instead, paradoxically, by the opposite strategy: noise and obfuscation. With TrackMeNot, actual web searches, lost in a cloud of false leads, are essentially hidden in plain view. User-installed TrackMeNot works with the Chrome Browser and popular search engines (AOL, Yahoo!, Google, and Bing) and requires no 3rd-party servers or services.
- but some users wrote: "Constantly has error notification." - hmm, to be corrected by the developer, please!

Firefox:
3173-64.png

TrackMeNot by Daniel Howe, Helen Nissenbaum, Janoss
19,257 Users, 117 Reviews
Version 0.10.3
Last updated 2 months ago (Nov 29, 2017)
Here: TrackMeNot – Add-ons for Firefox
An artware browser add-on to protect privacy in web-search. By issuing randomized queries to common search-engines, TrackMeNot obfuscates your search profile and registers your discontent with surreptitious tracking.
Protects users against search data profiling by issuing randomized queries to popular search-engines. Please visit http://cs.nyu.edu/trackmenot/ for a detailed description.
New releases available on the beta channel (see "all beta versions" link on the add-ons page).
upload_2018-2-10_21-35-52.png

- and nice icon...
different problems signaled by users... to be corrected by developer, please!
So at your downloads to see on your own...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Have you (or anyone else) tried these?

"This simple script renders data collected by your ISP unusable" only works on Mac and Linux.
Yes I have been tried ipFlood, works flawlessy, no problems, none.
To appreciate result, try whoer.net: How to find and check my IP address

- on your post quoted (I have been clicked 'Reply' link), from where comes your sentence: "This simple script renders data collected by your ISP unusable" only works on Mac and Linux.
I don't see this in your post...weird my eyes - or you have typed this sentence with invisible ink?o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidLMO

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
David: you are added this sentence now only, after editing your post! I've seen you!
I've seen you.
...are you hiding with something in your second hand? show me this

Edit:
I understood... it was necessary to restart this tab, to see the addition you had done in the meantime, nothing magical.;)

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Just one question on TrackMeNot

There are some search engines there like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. Does that mean I need to use one of those search engines for my browser? What if I use DDG/StartPage/SearX search engine(s)? If I use DDG/StartPage/Searx search engine(s) do I need to clear ALL the default engines?

Also, how to add the search engines? I tried but it seems not possible.

Thanks

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi

Just one question on TrackMeNot

There are some search engines there like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. Does that mean I need to use one of those search engines for my browser? What if I use DDG/StartPage/SearX search engine(s)? If I use DDG/StartPage/Searx search engine(s) do I need to clear ALL the default engines?

Also, how to add the search engines? I tried but it seems not possible.

Thanks
Well, in Firefox:
First, click Tools/Preferences/Home Page, and here put SearX.me if you wish: searx.me
Then bookmark your other search engines, put these in the first place in Bookmarks Toolbar like me, then click at any time you wish.
DDG is already your Default Search Engine (this one in New Tab)....

Reactions: HarborFront

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Well, in Firefox:
First, click Tools/Preferences/Home Page, and here put SearX.me if you wish: searx.me
Then bookmark your other search engines, put these in the first place in Bookmarks Toolbar like me, then click at any time you wish.
DDG is already your Default Search Engine (this one in New Tab)....
SearX is already the default search engine in my FF Quantum

I'm referring to TrackMeNot for FF/Chrome

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

TrackMeNot was reviewed badly here on its earlier version.

Also, your browser needs to be using say Chrome search engine for it to work since it supports the Chrome search engine. If the search engine is not listed in the extension then it won't work

TrackMeNot Review: The Worst Security Tool Ever?

TrackMeNot - Schneier on Security

Useless links. The first one leads with the snappy, clickbait title, then has a bunch of generally 'good' reviews of it. But references Bruce's OLD 2006 complaints. The second link is the OLD 2006 complaints. Which are totally irrelevant in 2018. So irrelevant in fact, he says it only has a dictionary of 1673 search terms.. Wow, that surely was the first version eh? Since TMN sources random words to search from RSS feeds, it's dictionary is unlimited but I won't spend another second going into detail about why a 12 year old article is irrelevant in 2018, you should know better.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
HarborFront wrote:
"do I need to clear ALL the default engines?"

- No, we never know, these may be useful to you in the future...

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
Not sure if there was a cause - effect. Still trying to clean-up my Win 7 box that somehow got trashed Saturday night, I had installed a couple of things and was playing with TrackMeNot. That machine is still so hosed after I have worked on it all day Sunday & Monday. At this point it only runs half decently in Safe Mode.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
David, so run some scan tools, MBRScan, MBAM, Adwcleaner, ProcNetMonitor, look too on PowerTool...
.. and run always anti-mining extensions

Policy Control enabled

Privacy Defense - look on this topic

Reactions: harlan4096

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Not sure if there was a cause - effect. Still trying to clean-up my Win 7 box that somehow got trashed Saturday night, I had installed a couple of things and was playing with TrackMeNot. That machine is still so hosed after I have worked on it all day Sunday & Monday. At this point it only runs half decently in Safe Mode.
So far no problem on my side running Chrome/FF Quantum browsers for Win 10 Pro with newly added TrackMeNot, AdNauseam and Noiszy (for Chrome only)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Another tool I found for those without ScriptSafe:
837493-64.png

Shape Shifter by Snapper26
Version 0.0.2
Last updated 5 months ago (Sep 11, 2017)

Anti browser fingerprinting web extension. Generates randomised values for HTTP request headers and javascript API's. No configuration needed. Simply install and it starts running straight away.
Firefox add-ons link for Shape Shifter: Shape Shifter – Add-ons for Firefox
This extension is designed to protect your privacy with regards to browser fingerprinting.

Browser fingerprinting is the act of extracting different pieces of information from your browser and piecing it together to form a unique id that represents you on the web. Marketing and advertising firms use this to track you even without cookies and even when your not logged in.

Shape shifter allows you to stop this kind of tracking. Shape shifter makes certain requests for data return common and consistent results meaning you can blend in with others who have the same settings/configuration. An example of this is the user agent header which uses the same value as the TOR browser. For things that are hard to give a default value such as canvas fingerprinting, the value is changed on a session by session basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.