Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

BBC News said:
Nokia has unveiled its first handsets powered by Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 operating system.

The flagship device - the Lumia 920 - features wireless charging and a "PureView" camera which the mobile firm said offered better video and still images than rival smartphones.

Nokia's loss deepened to 1.41bn euros (£1.1bn) in its last earnings quarter after it lost market share.

Its New York press conference comes in the midst of a number of launches.

Samsung has already shown off a Windows Phone 8 device, and LG and Sony have also recently revealed their new top-of-the-range Android mobiles.

Apple, Motorola and HTC all have events planned over the next three weeks creating extra competition for Nokia as it heads into the busy winter holidays shopping period.

Investors cast doubt over the Finnish firm's chances sending its shares nearly 14% lower.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19491421

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nokia Lumia 920 hands-on : http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/5/3293146/nokia-lumia-920-hands-on-photos-video

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
In my area, AT&T bought out all Nokia cell phones.
You have to have a contract with AT&T in order to get a Nokia cell phone.

Since I use US Cellular "a much better cell phone provider", I can not get a Nokia cell phone.

I love Nokia but hate AT&T, their service plans costs too much and their coverage is very bad in my area, I can go just a few miles from my city and have no signal with AT&T.

I can to to several states away from my city with US Cellular and never loose signal.

About the only brands of phones offered by US Cellular are Samsung and LG. They do have Motorola, HTC, BlackBerry and a few other if you can catch them in stock, they usually are out of stock.

Thanks.:D

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
samit said:
this look so amazing......

And most importantly it looks 'fresh'......The Windows operating system and a colorful phone is not something everyone has seen.......
Right now for the techie users, an Android phone is most likely their best option however for those who want a cool and hip phone, the 920 could very well be 'The Choice'.
Waiting to see the price tag for this phone.....and how a blue version will look like.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
There are rumors about planned low end versions in early 2013, I will buy one once they come out. It has been 3 months since looking for a smartphone/featurephone. :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't worry Apple users will have something to brag about how the upcoming iPhone 5 is better, or whatever makes them feel better about how their device is more superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.