Nokia seeks ban on HTC 8X

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Once again we're talking about two handset manufacturers entangled in a patent related lawsuit with one charging that the other one copied the look and design of the other's devices. But this time we're not talking about Apple and Samsung. Heck, we're not even talking about iOS and Android. And strangely enough, the phones involved have not been launched, nor has the particular build of the OS involved. As you might have guessed by now, this legal issue involves Windows Phone 8 models produced by Nokia and HTC. According to a source who has proven reliable in the past for Redmond Pie, Nokia is thinking about suing HTC, alleging that the Taiwan based manufacturer copied the look and design of the Nokia Lumia 820 with the HTC 8X.
Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Source-Nokia-seeks-ban-on-HTC-8X_id34833
cweb-b.jpg
cweb-c.png

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
well if apple had a case against smasung for its phones being similar to iphone,then Nokia must win hands down against HTC.
If you remove the company names i could not tell them apart !

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They should take on Apple too.

G3N05.jpg

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
LOL apple patented among other things rounded corners :D

Samsung said they did not know rounded corners could be patented LOL... NEITHER DID I !

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I dont think they will do it. Nexus 7 also infringed Nokias patents in the past: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_says_google_nexus_7_tablet_infringes_its_patents-news-4474.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.