Battle Norton 360 2013 vs G-Data total security 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
[/font]

Norton 360 2013 vs G-data total security 2013 they seem good but can't decide.

:huh:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I cant vote on this one but I would say try both on your system and that should help you make a concrete decision on which one to use.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Go with GData.. Norton is good but sometimes it automatically crashed.. and sudden slowdown your pc..
If you r using Dual-core Processer and 2GB ram then dont go with this two product bcz these slow down you process...Go with Avira Internet security or K7 Ultimate Security..!!!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Out of the system performance I would go for Norton, but for detection rate both are quite good. G-Data has the advantage over Norton as it has to AV engines compared to the one in Norton. As Exterminator said, try both and see how it goes.

Only thing with Norton too is that I've heard that if you install it and then go to uninstall it you have this problem in the Action Centre, so that would be another thing that would stop me using Norton.

D

Deleted member 178

I will go for NIS, since G-Data next version will have an in-house engine replacing Avast one...so a drop in detection rate will be to consider.
NIS is known now to favor prevention rather than detection, wise move, adding its lightness, it is the winner over Gdata

P

Plexx

Akash209 said:
If you r using Dual-core Processer and 2GB ram then dont go with this two product bcz these slow down you process...Go with Avira Internet security or K7 Ultimate Security..!!!

And why Avira or K7 when there are other options?

Defender said:

As comments above stated, Norton prevails in Prevention and it is lighter than G Data. Try both and first of all see it's performance impact. If that is still not enough to determine, what would you prefer to favor, Prevention or Detection?

If answer is Prevention, then Norton, tho I would rather use NIS as opposed to 360 since it is just more bloated.

If it is Detection (up to a certain extend) then go with G-Data.

You still have more options if you are the one forking out the cash: AVG Internet Security/avast! Internet Security/ESET Smart Security/Emsisoft Internet Security/Kaspersky Internet Security and the list goes on.

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Akash209 said:
Go with GData.. Norton is good but sometimes it automatically crashed.. and sudden slowdown your pc..

i have 6.0 gb ram and quad core intel processor 2.10 Ghz

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Biozfear said:
Akash209 said:

And why Avira or K7 when there are other options?

Defender said:

As comments above stated, Norton prevails in Prevention and it is lighter than G Data. Try both and first of all see it's performance impact. If that is still not enough to determine, what would you prefer to favor, Prevention or Detection?

If answer is Prevention, then Norton, tho I would rather use NIS as opposed to 360 since it is just more bloated.

If it is Detection (up to a certain extend) then go with G-Data.

You still have more options if you are the one forking out the cash: AVG Internet Security/avast! Internet Security/ESET Smart Security/Emsisoft Internet Security/Kaspersky Internet Security and the list goes on.

Thanks i'll go with norton as i need prevention more plus i already have MBAM PRO :)

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
I will go for NIS, since G-Data next version will have an in-house engine replacing Avast one...so a drop in detection rate will be to consider.
NIS is known now to favor prevention rather than detection, wise move, adding its lightness, it is the winner over Gdata

Thanks i'll go with Norton
MrExplorer said:
My Choice: Norton
i had not tried G-Data so can't say anything about it but i like Norton a lot.

i'll go with Norton Thanks

darius st

Feb 18, 2013
Actually is G Data TotalProtection 2013 and definitely is much better than NIS. I vote for the german solution. The G Data TotalProtection 2014 beta version is already in use.

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
darius st said:
Actually is G Data TotalProtection 2013 and definitely is much better than NIS. I vote for the german solution. The G Data TotalProtection 2014 beta version is already in use.

ok thanks ill chech it out : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.