Norton 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComodoRulz

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
A friend gave me a old pc and it happen to have norton 360 on it with 4 months left on the license, how do you rate 360? is it any good?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I say, you don't need any of the extra "crap" that comes with it, but since it's only got four months left, you could leave it on there for now until it expires.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ComodoRulz said:
It is bloated i'll say, how does it compare to NIS?

If I am correct, the only difference between NIS and Norton 360 is that in Norton 360, it has all the system tuner and what not in it, why NIS just has the AV and the Firewall, that's it.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
ComodoRulz said:
It is bloated i'll say, how does it compare to NIS?

Protection-wise it offers exactly the same level of protection. It's a bit more 'dumbed down' however, so it isn't as configurable as NIS.

P

Plexx

Nothing to loose in keeping 360 until it runs out. Unless you do not like Norton which in that case, you have tons of choices ranging from free to paid.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would leave it on until it runs out also,then uninstall it {hopefully you can} and go with the suggestion made by Biozfear.My opinion is a biased one because I hate Norton.It's not that it doesnt provide good protection but more so in that I have seen many machines screwed up trying to get rid of it on uninstall.If and when you do uninstall it use the Norton removal tool .

P

Plexx

Norton removal tool is a must in my book as well.
After that, CCleaner for registry scan just to be on the safe side.

I am not a fan of Norton myself and if I ever recommend Norton, it would be NAV. What bothers me the most its their file reputation that is not always accurate. But then again it can be overcome if I choose to.

On a side note: Difference between 360 and NIS is not only the pc tune up.
360 also includes backup.

link: http://us.norton.com/comparison/promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.