Norton App Lock - Premium Privacy Protection for Free!

Do you use (or heard of) Norton App Lock?

• Not interested (iPhone or WP user)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton App Lock for Android

You've got lots of sensitive information in the apps installed on your Android phone or tablet. Many times, even apps that store pictures, personal information, and financial information, or control remote access to your home, don't require a security PIN, password, or lock screen pattern to open. Norton App Lock protects your data if your Android device is shared, lost, or stolen.

The Norton team takes privacy (and performance) seriously. Other safe lock, applock, or privacy lock apps can be sidestepped by crafty criminals or may drain your battery, but Norton App Lock leverages special Android permissions to safeguard your sensitive apps.

Features and Capabilities
  • Lock Apps
    Choose the apps you want to protect with a privacy lock—all, some, or follow our recommendations

• Custom PIN, Password, or Lock Screen Pattern
    Add PIN, password, or lock screen pattern security to protect and lock apps that don't have it

Lock one or more apps with the same 4-digit PIN or use a unique lock screen pattern drawn with your finger

Prevent unauthorized calls and those embarrassing “pocket dial” accidents

• Protect Sensitive Information
    Protect your sensitive, personal, and financial data from the prying eyes of an intruder

Lock apps to provide extra security if your device is lost or stolen
  • Lock Photo & Video Apps
    Protect photos and videos from the prying eyes of an intruder

• Lock Social Apps
    Keep others from updating your social status or posts

• Parental Controls
    Safely keep app content private if you share your device with kids or friends to play games or watch videos

• Sneak Peek Anti-Theft
    This anti-theft feature takes a photo of a thief or anyone who fails to unlock your phone after 3 attempts

The photos are saved in your Photos folder
I highly recommend this app for android users.

firestr001

Level 2
Jul 22, 2012
Tried it but it fell short of AppLock by Domobile lacking features. Doesn't provide switch Locks like Wifi Lock(On/Off) etc which others provide.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yes, I use Norton's App Lock; and feel safer because it is in place!

Thanks for this share, Spawn, as it's remarkably eye opening when information like this reminds us of what we could but should not take for granted!:)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@firestr001 Why I recommended Norton is as Symantec is very well known in the security industry compared to their competitors. I will be sure to check out your recommendation.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
What I hate about all these lock apps is that many times, app shows up anyway and then gets covered by lock screen. Which means for a brief moment, you can still read content, like e-mail snippets or activation codes in activators...

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Since I already have built-in applock on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, I'll give a skip on this. Though I'll admit it's a pretty good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.