Norton Sonar true behavior blocker?

ncage

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2017
Hi everyone. I've always wondered if Norton sonar was a true BB? If so how does it stack up generally with the others like the BB in Emsisoft/Kaspersky/Bitdefender? Of course you can turn up the effectiveness by choosing aggressive but not sure how much more effective or resource intensive that would make it.

Reactions: Nevi

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
From the malware hub tests that I have seen, Kaspersky is much better at behavior-based blocking than Norton is. This comes at a price. In my personal experience, Kaspersky is also more likely to interfere with valid processes.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hi everyone. I've always wondered if Norton sonar was a true BB? If so how does it stack up generally with the others like the BB in Emsisoft/Kaspersky/Bitdefender? Of course you can turn up the effectiveness by choosing aggressive but not sure how much more effective or resource intensive that would make it.
Yes of course, however Sonar accuracy is very very good..this makes it sometimes delay into action.
Wanna cry is detected by Sonar, however after encryption.
Kaspersky, G data, Norton comes into the line in behavior blocking with high accuracy and thorough blocking.
Sonar is a blocking engine,,Norton doesn't thoroughly clean up the unknown traces

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.