Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Network error 10061 after installing O&O Defrag
Your current Antivirus
ESET
hi all
I recently installed the O&O Defrag Trial Version, because it had some good reviews and I wanted to try it out. After installing the program and upon executing it I keep getting this network error 10061 - No connection could be made bacause the target machine actively refused it.
I also use eset, the error says that the 50300 TCP port must be opened, you can try to see if it will work, I've been struggling for 2 days and I can't, thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Moonhorse

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Have you tried rebooting? I had similar issues recently, after upgrading from v25 to v26. A reboot fixed the issue.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Known issue since the early 00's.

Did you try the recommended solution?
At the start of O&O Defrag, my firewall notifies me of an attempted access. I receive the error "10061". Why does this happen and and how can I solve the problem?

The communication of the individual O&O Defrag program components (O&O Defrag Agent and user interface) is based on TCP/IP. This communication only runs inside your computer - without any access to the Internet or the network. Most firewalls, however, are programmed to recognize internal IP communication, so you receive a warning message.

You don't have to turn off your firewall! Simply open up port 50300. Since O&O Defrag automatically checks access permissions, there can be no external access over this port even if you are connected to the internet.

In most cases, it is enough to authorize O&O Defrag for exclusively internal communication when the software is started for the first time.

If this did not happen, however, including the files OODAG.EXE and OODCNT.EXE on your firewall’s list of trusted programs has also proven successful with all of the firewalls we have tested.

Please consult your firewall’s documentation for precise configuration procedures.

Note: If you have configured your firewall accordingly and are still receiving Error Message “10061”, please verify that the services "O&O Defrag" and "Event Viewing" are enabled. If this is not the case, please enable these services.
Source: O&O Defrag and Firewalls O&O Software

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

hi all
I recently installed the O&O Defrag Trial Version, because it had some good reviews and I wanted to try it out. After installing the program and upon executing it I keep getting this network error 10061 - No connection could be made bacause the target machine actively refused it.
I also use eset, the error says that the 50300 TCP port must be opened, you can try to see if it will work, I've been struggling for 2 days and I can't, thanks
That port range in the dynamic/private range is intended for speed, for time-sensitive applications that wish not to drop packets in route. You can go into eset's firewall and configure it with a custom rule if desired.

This is an example of doing so in advanced settings.

Upvote 0

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
i update now to 27.0.8050.0 same error 10061 !
who has tested and it works for you, please come back with an answer

Upvote 0

Mrwho74

Nov 1, 2023
Same problem since I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 22h2. service oodag.exe start and stop immediately no errors in the event viewer

Upvote 0

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Same problem since I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 22h2. service oodag.exe start and stop immediately no errors in the event viewer
I also wrote in their forum, but I do it on them, they haven't solved the problem for years

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.