Official Facebook messenger for Windows released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
AskVG.com said:
If you are a Facebook user, here is an exciting news for you. Facebook team has released the official Facebook Messenger for Windows users.

Facebook Messenger is basically a chat client for Windows which allows you to chat with your Facebook friends without going to Facebook website using a web browser. So you can consider it similar to Windows Live Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger.

Using Facebook Messenger, you can:

1. Chat and message with your friends on Facebook
2. See the latest updates from your friends in ticker
3. Get quick notifications about what’s going on

Facebook Messenger can only be installed in Windows 7 at the moment. When you install it, it asks you to login using web browser. As soon as you log into your Facebook account in web browser, the messenger application automatically logs you in.

I find the way of logging in to be a bit silly. :D But I think it will be improved.

Read more: http://www.askvg.com/facebook-messenger-for-windows-released-direct-download-link-inside/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I doubt it will be very popular since most of the other messengers already support Facebook chat.
I use Digsby, it supports all protocols (MSN, Yahoo, AOL, ICQ, Facebook, MySpace, Google Talk).

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.