D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
There is the scam in my Mailbox:
Data File Number: F1267-2012
Winning No: MSP/877/798/2012
Email Ref No:699/33/2012

Dear Winner,
You have been awarded the sum of One Million Great British Pounds (£1,000.000.00), by the Microsoft Awards in conjunction with Microsoft Windows Promotion. Your winning is drawn from a computer ballot of 10,000,000 emails selected worldwide from our database, your email attached to Data File Number: F1267-2012 among "E" category won you the sum of £1,000.000.00.

Information's required from you are part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. You are required to fill the verification and fund release form below.

1. Your Full Name:
2. Address:
3. Nationality:
4. Age:
5. Occupation:
6. Cell Phone:
7. State of Origin:

The Microsoft Award Team has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winnings and also sharing their identification numbers. As a result of this, these friends try to claim the Winning funds on behalf of the real winners. The Microsoft Award committee has reached a decision that any double claim discovered by the Microsoft Promotion Team will result to disqualification of the winning funds. You are strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize.

Congratulations from the Staffs & Members of the Microsoft Award Team

Secretary,
Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft Promotion.
Tel: .....................
Fax:.........................

Copyright symbol 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I love Megasoft :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Keep on topic, or I'll move this to Humor sub-forum.

Edit: Not Malware-related. Moved to Humor sub-forum.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I wonder why British Pounds and not US dollars, maybe this scam is focused on UK

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great, now you can give 10% of it to Jack to help MalwareTips grow bigger :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I want the least amount of money, only for an Xperia Go. :p If you have no problem to get me a more expensive one, get me the Xperia Arco S. :D

Wait, if it was from Microsoft, shouldn't the currency be in US Dollars?!

EDIT: Bill Gates won't give you a genuine Windows version if yours is not, how will he give me 1 million (!!) British Pounds? :lol:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
£1 million (GBP) = $1.5693 million (USD)

> Source: Google

P

Plexx

Thread author
If Earth had 1million GBP, and move to US, he would have half a million more!!!
I need to win the Euromillions.... only problem is I always forget to buy the damn tickets

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Biozfear said:
If Earth had 1million GBP, and move to US, he would have half a million more!!!
I need to win the Euromillions.... only problem is I always forget to buy the damn tickets
Just remember to never buy a ticket for the Japan one. It would probably cost more for the ticket than you'd win at the maximum. :rolleyes:

P

Plexx

Thread author
Haven't seen you in awhile elliot. All good?

Yeah Yen. the currency with tons of digits.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.