Expired OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Wow, so much interest in the giveaway threads lately, nice to see that! I can have my own small club going here, LOL
You already have! Great job and keep 'em coming. Very disappointed with OKFreedom though - it's a bit like the VPN equivalent of bloatware ridden Vuze bittorrent client - far too overblown, slow and resource heavy.

Windscribe VPN on the other hand, the other VPN offer you put up, is a real gem though. Light, simple and effective. Just the job. If you hear any news on more offers for it before I do, please let us know.

Reactions: JM Safe and Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
You already have! Great job and keep 'em coming. Very disappointed with OKFreedom though - it's a bit like the VPN equivalent of bloatware ridden Vuze bittorrent client - far too overblown, slow and resource heavy.

Windscribe VPN on the other hand, the other VPN offer you put up, is a real gem though. Light, simple and effective. Just the job. If you hear any news on more offers for it before I do, please let us know.
Thank you for the positive feedback.Yup choose what suits you and your machine effectively.The user settings and registry hive allowing.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
OpenVPN is used for some products as it's opensource and can be slightly modified. Like Chromium. It doesn't mean ,if some client doesn't use it's tunnel driver or virtual adapter, it's insecure. It just filters and redirects traffic through the service and not through the filter-hook driver

D

Deleted member 2913

I do not use it but while installing a VPN software. The installer should install OpenVPN client and TAP.
For example, install Cyberghost.. it will install the client.
but Okayfreedom does not install the client. Actually, I cannot trust VPNs which do not install client.
OkayFreedom seems like a system wide proxy changer.
It installs something after install, whats that?
i.e after install when you first try to connect it installs something.

I'm havoing issues with CAPCHA it refreshes everytime i click ok? Tried 3 browsers:(
Were you trying to get extra key?

I got 1 key fine. When I tried to get 1 more key, I faced the same thing you have mentioned.

Recently I see there were quite a few giveaways of OkayVPN, SteganosVPN, IpinatorVPN, etc..

Rishi posted WindscribeVPN giveway.

I find WindscribeVPN better than all the above 3 mentioned VPN.
WindscribeVPN is simple & clean GUI, fair enough servers & good data & overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
It installs something after install, whats that?
i.e after install when you first try to connect it installs something.
It is probably the browser extension or the first run virtual adapter cmd windows you are seeing. I ran it in my virtual machine nothing out of line, everything works as it should be.The only thing is your machine compatiiblity and how much it can carry.Windscribe promo will last another 24 hours.:)

I rely more on Steganos Online shield(from makers of OkayFreedom) as my go-to.

D

Deleted member 2913

It is probably the browser extension or the first run virtual adapter cmd windows you are seeing. I ran it in my virtual machine nothing out of line, everything works as it should be.The only thing is your machine compatiiblity and how much it can carry.Windscribe promo will last another 24 hours.:)

I rely more on Steganos Online shield(from makers of OkayFreedom) as my go-to.
I think it was some TAP adapter or something.

If I remember correctly, in OkayFreedomVPN folder, there was OpenVPN or Open something folder...not sure though.

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
I use ZenMate currently, and I got a free premium for one month, but it will end soon. Should I use this one, provided here? Is it better?

Reactions: uninfected1

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I use ZenMate currently, and I got a free premium for one month, but it will end soon. Should I use this one, provided here? Is it better?
My advice would be to avoid OKFreedom (see my previous posts why). Windscribe VPN would be my recommendation. As others here have also said, it really is very good. The giveaway offer Rishi put up the other day for it has ended, but I think their free version still gives 10GB a month, and it works with torrents. Rishi's offer was basically the free version but with 50GB a month.

If 10GB is enough then Windscribe would be my recommendation, and keep a lookout for any more free offers for it.

UPDATE: The Windscribe VPN offer is live again but hurry:
Free Windscribe VPN SE (100% discount) - SharewareOnSale

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishi

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Something everyone needs to understand and probably should be pointed out. If you are using a browser then you need to use one that DOES NOT HAVE EXTENSIONS, OR IN GOOGLE CHROME CASE RUN IT "INCOGNITO MODE". Doesn't matter using a VPN or not.

The reason why is running those extensions can expose your privacy to peeping servers outside the VPN you are using.

I give this a try, at first I was impressed, then I got this VIRUS message warning out of the blue, that I have no idea where it come from, probably my service provider trying to infiltrate my VPN or something, I DUNNO. Wasn't a site I was on or visited, nothing like that it come through the VPN...... So I am left wondering "If your service provider doesn't like being blocked out by your VPN I wonder if they can send you a VIRUS to bypass your VPN. I USE CHARTER, So I wouldn't be surprised at all.........

Either way, unless you OWN THE VPN, I never liked the idea of SUBSCRIBING FOR PRIVACY or Encryption where connection goes. If you pay for an internet connection then you pay for privacy CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET, if not then you aren't getting what you paid for because obviously your privacy is getting violated by your service provider, or that is "FOR SALE".

I got this message using this VPN that popped up saying "VIRUS" and a bunch of shortcuts popped up on my desktop after using it a few times, by that I mean a bunch of copy/paste desktop shortcuts going on and never ending. So I reinstalled my entire PC from an Image backup "WHICH BTW I NEVER KEEP CONNECTED TO MY PC", My ADVICE TO ALL : "BACKUP YOUR PC TO AN IMAGE BACKUP IF IT IS IMPORTANT & DO NOT CONNECT THAT MEDIA OR BACKUP DRIVE TO YOUR PC UNTIL YOU ARE RE-INSTALLING FROM PC BOOT!

Not a good name from the start, I mean the smug "OKAY FREEDOM" name. It just sounds to me like a lure for unsuspecting people to have their privacy stolen, and while nothing may not happen now, which of course it wouldn't because that would arouse suspicion, perhaps 2-3 years from now it might. I just get the impression that this OKAY freedom, is a service that is one that is collecting information and planning to use it later. I don't trust it. JUST MY OPINION.

There is nothing private when you POST IT/Email it/Share it/ regardless............... Once it is out there "IT IS OUT THERE" VPN OR NOT...... If you don't want it out there, DON'T USE THE INTERNET...........

Reactions: frogboy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I been fine without a VPN. Don't seem to have any use based on my day life.

Zerion

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
I think some vpn's add the Tap Driver & OpenVPN in their " Client " and installs it even tho it won't show up as " installed " on your computer, so it's ok. Thanks for the tip btw! But im going to stick with PIA :)

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
My advice would be to avoid OKFreedom (see my previous posts why). Windscribe VPN would be my recommendation. As others here have also said, it really is very good. The giveaway offer Rishi put up the other day for it has ended, but I think their free version still gives 10GB a month, and it works with torrents. Rishi's offer was basically the free version but with 50GB a month.

If 10GB is enough then Windscribe would be my recommendation, and keep a lookout for any more free offers for it.

UPDATE: The Windscribe VPN offer is live again but hurry:
Free Windscribe VPN SE (100% discount) - SharewareOnSale
Thanks for this, man, and pity that I missed that offer =( I live in Russia right now, and here we have LOTS of restricted websites, so the decent VPN is really important thing for me. Once again, thanks for the advice.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.