OnePlus Pad pre-orders begin April 28th

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OnePlus has sent out another wave of emails, letting users know that preorders will start on April 28. The OnePlus Pad is the company's first Android tablet powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 9000 processor, has an 11.61-inch 144Hz display, and a stunning design. Unfortunately, OnePlus is being extremely coy with this release, as it doesn't reveal an actual shipping date or price in its latest email.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Like in other markets, the OnePlus Pad sold in the UK and Europe includes 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and is only sold in a single green color variant. The tablet uses a MediaTek Dimensity 9000 chip and can charge at up to 67W. There’s no included charger in the box, but OnePlus is offering buyers a free 65W SuperVOOC charger as confirmed to GSMArena.

The OnePlus Pad costs £449 in the UK, and €499 in Europe. Accessories also land at similar prices compared to the US, with the OnePlus Stylo at £99/€99, and the OnePlus Keyboard at £149/€149. The non-keyboard folio case is £59/€59.

No secure Biometrics
The biggest omission I found on the OnePlus Pad as a whole was with the situation with biometrics. There is no form of secure biometrics on this tablet at all. No fingerprint sensor, no secure face authentication. There’s camera-based face recognition for unlocking the tablet, but that’s useless for secure apps such as those used for banking. It really gets in the way as far as password managers are concerned, and really just soured the experience of using the OnePlus Pad as a whole. And, really, it’s a bizarre omission. At this price point, a fingerprint sensor is at least expected, and Apple offers the feature at lower price points. For me, this was the deal-breaker and the reason I wouldn’t use the OnePlus Pad as my own daily tablet. But, you might be different.

Reactions: Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.