Battle Online Armor Free Firewall or COMODO Firewall with Defense+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Comodo FW v5.8 beta is supposed to be reinforced on x64 system. all features are free. and D+ is known to be one of the best HIPS ever, now you even have the "quiet" mode (less pop-ups)

i like only the Premium version of OA, OA free lacks many interesting features. OA is very talkative and now less quiet than CFW.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Comodo FW v5.8 beta is supposed to be reinforced on x64 system. all features are free. and D+ is known to be one of the best HIPS ever, now you even have the "quiet" mode (less pop-ups)

i like only the Premium version of OA, OA free lacks many interesting features. OA is very talkative and now less quiet than CFW.

CFW is very good, I tried OA and it keeps saying "A program wants to run" I got bored and will go back to CFW

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would go for Comodo Firewall with D+ since the popups could actually produce detailed information. Also you have a sandbox in case a file was suspicious.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'd choose Comodo Firewall with Defense + since it offers so much more good features such as Cloud Behavioral analysis, A manual and an automatic Sandbox and most of all a very solid HIPS that will be much more improved with the release of 5.8

D

Deleted member 178

BoXX28 said:
I'd choose Comodo Firewall with Defense + since it offers so much more good features such as Cloud Behavioral analysis, A manual and an automatic Sandbox and most of all a very solid HIPS that will be much more improved with the release of 5.8

+1

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
OA seems to make many problems with my PC, I started getting more than 3 bluescreens in less than 2 hours. At lease, I wasn't able to make a restore point and then uninstall it. So I went into safe mode and removed it from the computer and it became stable. Bye Online Armor! I will use CIS instead ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i can't vote. so, i just put post:
vote for COMODO Firewall with Defense+
it great.
but, Online Armor is great also. that's depend what you use and what you do on your machine.

D

Deleted member 178

both their hips are excellent, the only ones who gets 100% on "matousec" tests. after only the bonus features make the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.