Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi,

A few days ago, we released Opera 55 stable, and this week we’re starting a new Opera 57 cycle with this developer release.

Opera57_Mockup_Mac-700x438.png

This build is based on chromium version 70.0.3510.2.

Lately, we’ve improved the styling on the Setting page and implemented installer UI changes.

Enjoy Opera 57!

The full changelog is here.

Installation links

Source: Opera 57 initial developer release - Opera Desktop

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Anyone who has installed Opera have any idea how many registry keys it installed? Qihoo 360 dumped Opera onto the system unsolicited after like 6 months of use of 360 and when I uninstalled Opera there were 1181 registry keys for Comodo Programs Manager to remove.

On another topic->Opera did look very good and thanks for the update on progress...

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Anyone who has installed Opera have any idea how many registry keys it installed? Qihoo 360 dumped Opera onto the system unsolicited after like 6 months of use of 360 and when I uninstalled Opera there were 1181 registry keys for Comodo Programs Manager to remove.

On another topic->Opera did look very good and thanks for the update on progress...
My two favorite programs 360TS and Opera. The only reason i use chrome is the translator for MalwareTips :)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Just noticed while playing around in the VM with a fresh install of Opera and Chrome. After enabling the flag #enable-appcontainer, it seems to break Opera but Chrome is fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I have not seen anything online regarding appcontainer breaking Opera recently.

2018-08-28_11-44-10.png

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
@AtlBo, on a fresh VM with windows 10. Opera seems to add about 223 keys and modifies about 58 others. On a fresh install of Opera.

Seems Qihoo puts a little something special in the punch for its users who end up with Opera against their will...

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Seems Qihoo puts a little something special in the punch for its users who end up with Opera against their will...

Do you by any chance have the appcontainer flag enabled in Opera? Just curious if its just my VM or if Opera crashes for others. Weird how Chrome works just fine after enabling the flag.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Do you by any chance have the appcontainer flag enabled in Opera? Just curious if its just my VM or if Opera crashes for others. Weird how Chrome works just fine after enabling the flag.

Hello @In2an3_PpG, I uninstalled it :(. Then I uninstalled Qihoo 360. Maybe someone will come along and spot your post who can say :). That is kind of strange to me, although who knows I guess. If it doesn't work in Opera that might be a reason some people won't use the program. Think I might wonder a little bit how it broke if I were wanting to use the program every day...

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Hello @In2an3_PpG, I uninstalled it :(. Then I uninstalled Qihoo 360. Maybe someone will come along and spot your post who can say :). That is kind of strange to me, although who knows I guess. If it doesn't work in Opera that might be a reason some people won't use the program. Think I might wonder a little bit how it broke if I were wanting to use the program every day...

Here you go. Never looked at this before but look how many keys are added or modified with an installation of Chrome. Interesting in comparison to Opera.

1535484767175.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Just noticed while playing around in the VM with a fresh install of Opera and Chrome. After enabling the flag #enable-appcontainer, it seems to break Opera but Chrome is fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I have not seen anything online regarding appcontainer breaking Opera recently.

View attachment 196799
Same here, flag #enable-appcontainer - Opera Stable, Win10 Home x64

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 291

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I stopped installing the Developer ( as in this thread ) and Beta versions as it always crashed on me. Stable version flows from now on and there last updates with for example the new setting page been nice and I believe a correct step as it's more easy and just plain rational IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.