Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Source: Upcoming changes of Opera Max

Opera Max, the app that allowed users to manage and reduce data usage across their Android mobile phone applications, was initially released in 2014. Opera has now decided to discontinue Opera Max. The product had a substantially different value proposition than our browser products, and represented a different focus for Opera. We, therefore, focus on our browsers and other upcoming services.

As a consequence, there will be no further upgrades for Opera Max moving forward. The application has also been delisted from the Google Play store catalog.

The Opera Max service will remain intact for our existing users for a period of time. We will inform these users about the termination of server-side support in due time.

More information see source, and this article on ghacks.

Kwan ST

Level 2
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Then I see no direct replacement for now.
If you have Android Nougat, you can restrict background data usage per each app.

Thanks, I hope that they will release some other similar product in near future, maybe this is happening because of that

Reactions: brod56

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Then I see no direct replacement for now.
If you have Android Nougat, you can restrict background data usage per each app.
But I remember using this feature to stop an app using background data on JellyBean (worked on Lollipop & MM as well). What's new about Nougat?

Reactions: frogboy

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
But I remember using this feature to stop an app using background data on JellyBean (worked on Lollipop & MM as well). What's new about Nougat?
I only got that option in Nougat Update. Maybe the fact that I'm running GraceUX and not stock Android makes a difference.

Reactions: brambedkar59
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.