OPSWAT Security Score

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
OPSWAT Security Score is a free tool that scans your computer for the status of your installed security applications and provides a score along with recommendations on how to improve both the score and the security of your device. Download it now to find out your security score!

securityscore.png

The OPSWAT Security Score tool is powered by OPSWAT's OESIS Framework, a development toolkit that can be integrated to solutions to enable detection and management of antivirus, antiphishing, backup, patch management, firewall, public file sharing, hard disk encryption and many other types of third party applications. Security Score uses OESIS to scan your computer for the presence of these types of applications and to get information about their current status. This information is then used to generate your score.

OPSWAT's score calculation is based on security industry and market research reports, over ten years of expertise in the security field, and feedback from leading security technology vendors on the relative importance of the categories and status of security software.

Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
Requires Internet Explorer 8 or higher

Free Download

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Jan 8, 2011
Still Beta software.

Anyone got a quick review of the product?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
Still Beta software.

Anyone got a quick review of the product?

Its a 5.7 MB tool which after run only alert about anti-phishing turn on/off feature of ie and hard disc encryption, rest all alerts you can get from windows action center like
av
firewall
backup
windows update

If I would have to say about this software I think any one using windows xp and above don't need it.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
i got 3 areas to improve - Patch Management / AntiPhishing / Hard Disk Encryption my score was 83

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Although still in beta it is a quick tool to check out system security.

My score was 90

Got me on hard drive encryption

File sharing > Flagged uTorrent for being installed

Internet Explorer > Anti-phishing not enabled but I dont use IE

Overall I think it was a fair accurate assessment but didnt really tell me anything I didnt already know.For an inexperienced user it would be an effective tool.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
rebel4life said:
i got 3 areas to improve -Patch Management / AntiPhishing / Hard Disk Encryption my score was 83

Patch Management = Windows Update :D

exterminator20 said:
Overall I think it was a fair accurate assessment but didnt really tell me anything I didnt already know.For an inexperienced user it would be an effective tool.

I second it

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
What's Your Security Score..??

What's Your Security Score..??

Download it & Test:

:link: http://www.opswat.com/products/security-score :link:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My Security Score:
Im now using Avira Internet Security 2013

Capture.png

What's Yours??? Post here..!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
RE: What's Your Security Score..??

Not sure why this was posted in the news section...

Moved thread to appropriate forum.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

In my point of view, numbers isn't required to tell how secure is a computer against viruses/malware. Knowledgeable is a key to prevent it.

Since I'm going for a no AV for the next 2 months, no surprise for low results and since its based for OPSWAT certification.

1pfe43.png

Using Pre installed Norton Internet Security 2013

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Here's mine and Im using CIS v6. Also, I do have backup as its on a disk (Norton Ghost) I just wonder how this software works....

[attachment=3877]

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 464

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
image002u.png

Using ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall.

Note: it didn't not detect Windows Backup or my Maxtor Manager backup to Maxtor One Touch external drive.

Public Sharing: detected BitComet, Transmission QT and qBittorrent.
Also falsely detected Shareaza (which I don't have installed).

Antivirus: Did not detect ZoneAlarm's last full scan, says that Checkpoint is not OPSWAT certified?, says the last update was more than 3 days which is not correct (it was just updated).

It looks like Checkpoint removed all of their product after v.8.0 from OPSWAT. Probably didn't want to pay the fee. However Kaspersky is certified even the older engines and ZoneAlarm uses v.8.3 Kaspersky AV engine which is Silver Certified. I personally believe it should not count off points because your product is not OPSWAT certified not all vendors want to pay for certifications. Looking at some of the products on the Gold certification lists makes me wonder how did they get it. STOPzilla (a known rogueware), Blink Professional, Preventon (VirusBuster clone) but VirusBuster and Agnitum Outpost Pro only gets Bronze certification?

Because it does have some issues that needs to be work on before it is ready for prime time.

Also it failed to close when I clicked on the red X, I had to kill it with taskmanager.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think some may do marketing tactics thus numbers are varies from the result and still in our hands to understand and judge from its conclusion.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Now you know that thing is going to FLUNK me since I am using an abandonware BB (at least until I install PC Tools AV) and a sand box!!

firestr001

Level 2
Jul 22, 2012
I use Kingsoft Antivirus with MBAM Pro

It detects only windows defender but now Kingsoft

It didnot detect my Backup by recimg manager on windows8 pro.

Attachments

• security score.png
    security score.png
    48 KB · Views: 573

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.