CCE, EEK, MaB Antimalware, Zemana Antimalware, Spybot S&D, SAS Pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox + Kaspersky Protection + AdBlocker Ultimate
Maintenance tools
System Mechanic 16, CCleaner, Glary Ut. Pro, UnCleaner
System recovery
Ashampoo Backup Pro (ex Ocster Backup Pro)
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/ostraqs-skylake.62409/#post-535112

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Probably dont really need SAS.Looks good Thanks for sharing your config :)

O

Ostraq

Thread author
Thanks for welcoming reply - I got a SAS lifetime licence on one of those giveaways, that's actually main reason why I use it, otherwise (to say it politely) I would probably just skip that piece of software.
In my opinion, basically just Emsisofts Atimalware,Kaspersky or BitDefender + Malwarebytes are usually sufficient for trouble-free usage of PC.

Reactions: Logethica

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Good config. But
1- there is no need for BD windows 8 security as Emsisoft already using its engine.
2- you should try ublock extention its better and using less resorces than adblock plus
3- wise care is excelent choise with ccleaner i don't advise you to use system mechanic it can damage your system and make it unbootable.
Thanks for sharing your config. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.