Outlook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
After aprrox 10 years of Yahoo web based email I made the switch to Outllook.com and I am loving it. Anyone else switch over? Its extremely fast and no spam issues. I would get about 500 spams emails a day with Yahoo. Sure they all automatically went into the spam folder but still rather annoying. The rule making is great. All my email get sorted into folders I created automatically. Any Outllook.com fans?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I created a new Outlook.com account yesterday afternoon, been using the create an Alias account to split up social and security accounts (ie, email change to fit the correct one). Very useful. Deleted my Yahoo Mail account.

Outlook.com has some benefits over the old Hotmail.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/compare

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Created an Outlook.com address a few weeks ago and linked both my Gmail accounts to it. I now use it as a central hub for all my email.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
not being a fan boy but honestly speaking I love it. With Yahoo my emails hardly got pushed to my iPhone. But with Outlook.com its instantaneous. I still have my Yahoo account open cause its through my ISP. Everything from there is forwarded to Outlook. But I have changed my email address everywhere so hardly anything comes from Yahoo. About 2 a week or so.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never heard of it. Will surely going to try it out because I do get spam, so it's would be worth trying it.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Lol...................Never heard of it? All over the techie news. Microsoft completely revamped Hotmail into the new retro Outlook.com.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
McLovin said:
Never heard of it. Will surely going to try it out because I do get spam, so it's would be worth trying it.

Its Hotmail.....redesigned and named Outlook.com with windows 8 metro looks and some really exciting new features....

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Still using GMail which has done wonders over the years but I might try this stuff. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
samit said:
Its Hotmail.....redesigned and named Outlook.com with windows 8 metro looks and some really exciting new features....

Ahh, I see, great another Metro look :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was a bit hesitate at first, but I had nothing to lose and everything to gain so to speak. Plus I still have my Gmail/Hotmail. Honestly, Outlook.com is well designed, definitely worth a shot.

BoXX28 said:
Still using GMail which has done wonders over the years but I might try this stuff.

McLovin, how can you not have heard of it. :rolleyes:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Hotmail-Changed-to-Outlook-com?pid=65293#pid65293

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:

That, hmmm thought it was a seperated program.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Here is a detail review with great features of outlook.com mail http://www.geekytrix.com/Thread-Microsoft-launched-Outlook-com-a-review#.UErSra6nZkg
Frankly speaking I did not use google apps for my geekytrix mail instead i got it done in outlook.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
McLovin said:
Earth said:

That, hmmm thought it was a seperated program.

How and why is that? Not Outlook but Outlook.com.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
Gmail is old and blah. Tried it several times when I thought about leaving Yahoo. Outlook.com is email. Thats it. Not news or any crap. Quick links to your calendar and Skydrive also.

Aventador

Thread author
Sep 5, 2012
ZOU1 said:
Lol...................Never heard of it?

I have never heard of it either.

Gotta keep up on the techie news. I have about 10 techie news web sites bookmarked which I visit everyday. Gotta stay on top of things if your going to combat malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.