Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

After a beta period with over 30,000 downloads from more than 130 countries, we are happy to announce that Panda Cloud Antivirus 3.0 is now available for download.

Get Panda Cloud Antivirus 3.0 here!

The new version includes important improvements in both its FREE & Pro Edition versions:

• Entirely new look and feel. More modern, more intuitive. Easier than ever before.
  • Scheduled scans. One of the most demanded features from our Community. And now it’s available in the FREE & Pro versions!
  • Rescue Kit. Extremely useful in emergency situations caused by malware infections.
  • Automatic USB vaccination. This feature, which was only available to Pro users in previous versions, is now available for free!
  • New Wi-Fi Monitor (only available in the Pro Edition). Find out if someone is stealing your Wi-Fi. The new Panda Cloud Antivirus 3.0 incorporates a Wi-Fi monitor that shows a list of all the devices currently connected to your network, helping you find out if there is an intruder on your Wi-Fi network.
  • New Panda Account. An exclusive area where you’ll be able to download your products, manage your services, obtain documentation, get technical support through the new Technical Support Forum and, only for Pro users, receive personal VIP support via an online form. Additionally, you will be able to manage all of your Panda Consumer products from this area, as well as your Android devices if they are protected with Panda Mobile Security.
  • Performance improvements to make Panda Cloud Antivirus lighter than ever.
Additionally, this new version improves protection capabilities. We are continuously evolving our detection technologies to protect you against the latest threats while reducing false positives. Thanks to this effort, we have just received a new Advanced + award from AV-comparatives in its latest File Detection Tests.

And there is more…. More information in the Process Monitor (which now shows the URL each process has been downloaded from), ability to shut down the PC after the scan is over, etc. Discover all of them!

If you are reading this post after seeing a “Panda Cloud Antivirus has upgraded automatically!” message in your system tray, then you already have the latest version installed and running, and you don’t have to do anything else. If your version of Panda Cloud Antivirus hasn’t upgraded to version 3.0 yet, don’t worry: your copy of Panda Cloud Antivirus will upgrade itself automatically in the next few days.

We’d like to thank all of our users once again for helping us develop this great Panda Cloud Antivirus.

Enjoy the new version 3.0!
Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The GUI has grown on me, I'm starting to like it. However, I'll experience it first hand next week when I try the software in VBox.

One thing about Panda Cloud Free is, the paid features eventually get filtered into the Free version after a new major update. First it was the Program Updates, then Behavioural and now Auto-USB vaccination. (Correct if wrong).

Can anyone confirm, a Panda account isn't required for the FREE version?

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
The GUI has grown on me, I'm starting to like it. However, I'll experience it first hand next week when I try the software in VBox.

One thing about Panda Cloud Free is, the paid features eventually get filtered into the Free version after a new major update. First it was the Program Updates, then Behavioural and now Auto-USB vaccination. (Correct if wrong).

Can anyone confirm, a Panda account isn't required for the FREE version?

I tested this (3.00.01) version of PCA free in real system and it blocked everything undetected out of 218 recent samples from malware hub (3 packs) that I tried to run.
It did not allow any malware to run on the system, it detected them all.
I have not experienced any other product that can block every .exe malware file (except from default deny based detection).

Of course if internet connection is disabled detection rate falls very very much.

Panda account creation can be skipped, as there is a button saying sth like "later". I did created one so I don't know more about this.
Both behavioural and AutoUSB vaccination are available to my setup with free version.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexp79 and Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.