Panda Global Protection 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Panda is one of the security companies that releases their new versions faster than other vendors.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
I would just want them to take a little more time and make a product that might actually compete with the others...

eXp

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What are the new features? I searched their Forums but couldn't find anything related to the 2012 product release.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
IMPROVED! Protection against all types of viruses and threats
IMPROVED! Personal Firewall
IMPROVED! Collective Intelligence
IMPROVED! Panda USB Vaccine
IMPROVED! Parental Control
IMPROVED! Online Backup
IMPROVED! Panda SafeCD
PLUS! Panda Safe Browser (Sandboxing)

That's all I could gather...

eXp

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
PLUS! Panda Safe Browser (Sandboxing)

Suspecting that a web is dangerous? Access it without risk through the Save Browser (sandboxing)
Didn't manage to play with Panda 2012 but after I've read the description it seems to be a manual(on-demand) sandbox...right?

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Didn't manage to play with Panda 2012 but after I've read the description it seems to be a manual(on-demand) sandbox...right?
I guess so... I find it strange that it's so hard to get more info....

eXp

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I did some testing in VMware against 20 malicous links.
No video as I was taking my time.

It's web filter did most of the work while some got pass the web filter but the real-time caught them and stopped them before they even downloaded.

The only thing it let through was a TDSS, A link dating back from 2010/10/18.

Hitman Pro Scan Results:

2DSKE.png

To help them out I did this:

20110602093015.png

So overall it did good. I did take a screenshot of the RAM usage but I didn't save the image -doh- and I can't re-take it because I already restored back to a snapshot in VMWare.
I do remember it being not light but not too heavy.
No slow down to say on the PC at all.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The new in 2012 was like their Panda Safe Browsing others are improved from its features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.