Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1092

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 22, 2012
Hi folks, well now wanted to ask.
¿Panda Security or ESET 7 (8 Beta)?

Both have license for 1 year, and I would like to know your opinion (Panda sent me a license, and ESET and tapeworms)

I would like to know your opinion on both antivirus and Panda GP offers pretty and I saw that Panda has good ratios and is light

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi folks, well now wanted to ask.
¿Panda Security or ESET 7 (8 Beta)?

Both have license for 1 year, and I would like to know your opinion (Panda sent me a license, and ESET and tapeworms)

I would like to know your opinion on both antivirus and Panda GP offers pretty and I saw that Panda has good ratios and is light
Eset;)

Reactions: Koroke San

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Panda Global Protection or Gold Protection, both are identical except for Disinfection Assurance and 20GB of Online Storage.
See the Panda products Comparison here:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/uk/homeusers/solutions/global-protection/

In my opinion, it's very important to use the product that fits your requirements. Panda GP offers a lot of extras, but you may never use them. Also if you do, you'll be tied down into their services unless you switch.
  • Password Manager - FREE alternate (LastPass)
  • File Encryption - Various open-source file encryption software for local and cloud services.
  • File Shredder - Various freeware and open-source alternates.
  • TuneUp - Various freeware products available.
  • Mobile Protection - Various Android apps by other vendors, that are also free to use.
  • Mac Protection - Freeware AV protection available by well known security vendors.
OK, so how many of the above do you use or own? If you don't use or use alternate software, I'd see if you can get a downgraded license for Antivirus Pro or Internet Security.

I've not personally tested the latest versions of Panda, but do use Panda Free Antivirus (formally called, Panda Cloud AV Free) on one of the other Windows 8 PCs.

I didn't feel that it was appropriate to vote for the better product, and I hope you can understand my reason behind this post.

As always, test and trial each product separately for about 1 week to compare it's performance and usage, and whether it's something you're looking for or not.

Remember there are always free alternates to paid software, that protect end-users just as well.

Last question, What OS are you using?

Julian1092

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 22, 2012
Panda Global Protection or Gold Protection, both are identical except for Disinfection Assurance and 20GB of Online Storage.
See the Panda products Comparison here:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/uk/homeusers/solutions/global-protection/

In my opinion, it's very important to use the product that fits your requirements. Panda GP offers a lot of extras, but you may never use them. Also if you do, you'll be tied down into their services unless you switch.
  • Password Manager - FREE alternate (LastPass)
  • File Encryption - Various open-source file encryption software for local and cloud services.
  • File Shredder - Various freeware and open-source alternates.
  • TuneUp - Various freeware products available.
  • Mobile Protection - Various Android apps by other vendors, that are also free to use.
  • Mac Protection - Freeware AV protection available by well known security vendors.
OK, so how many of the above do you use or own? If you don't use or use alternate software, I'd see if you can get a downgraded license for Antivirus Pro or Internet Security.

I've not personally tested the latest versions of Panda, but do use Panda Free Antivirus (formally called, Panda Cloud AV Free) on one of the other Windows 8 PCs.

I didn't feel that it was appropriate to vote for the better product, and I hope you can understand my reason behind this post.

As always, test and trial each product separately for about 1 week to compare it's performance and usage, and whether it's something you're looking for or not.

Remember there are always free alternates to paid software, that protect end-users just as well.

Last question, What OS are you using?

Hi! i'm using Windows 8.1 Update 1, a other system in my other PC is Windows 7
And Extras use, Mobile Protection - Tuneup & Password Manager

Julian1092

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 22, 2012
In total I have 3 PC in two I have panda now and in ESET (This with Windows 8.1), but have noticed that the Panda was much lighter at all consumed fronts only 3 Mb instead ESET well all know their consumption but lightness to the system.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you think about using Free alternates for Mobile Android Protection, PC Maintenance and Password Manager?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Manzai @omidomi @King Mellow @LoveHater @silversurfer @Anupam

Rather than sending you all a PM, then hearing back you agree, and repeating this over and over again. I'll post it here.

Forum Rules state: "Avoid short sentences or single word posts. If you have nothing relevant to say on a certain matter then don't post."

So could you please elaborate on your replies. One word replies are not acceptable nor helpful to the OP, other members or guests.

Reactions: Oxygen

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It is better to have all in one that is lighter? or take them separately and consume a higher amount

If you don't mind paying for otherwise that would be free software, then stick with Panda. Don't forget you'll need to pay for your subscription once your 1 year license expires, else risk losing access to Panda's Cloud Storage and Password Manager (including any other extra features).

If you don't wish to use Panda for more than 12 months, then yes, standalone products/services are better.

LastPass.com - Free Password Manager, also checks against Heartbleed and Site Breaches
CCleaner.com - Free PC junk, registry and start-up manager

For security, stick to AV protection features. Backup, Maintenance and File Shredding aren't mandatory in any AV, just an upsell. (IMO).

Reactions: Nightwalker

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Hello friend ..
The first right would you wear both what else to adapt to their use, would be the best choice, I will still raise a few points:
(IMO) = ESET offers an above average detection nowadays is better than Panda (mainly new malware and also malware known)
Another point based on my experience is that both are one of the lightest antivirus market, Panda with low consumption of memory, ESET with a median consumption but this depending on pc and so light or even more than Panda. ESET has the best detection of potentially unwanted programs, especially those present in freeware, such as toolbars and 'small gifts', Panda is not very efficient at it. Another thing, ESET 8 beta does not have much news, so little as Botnet Protection and Enhanced Exploit Blocker,
Panda already has good improvements. Another thing ESET: No Has many 'extras', their tools are based only on safety, not optimizations or the like, if you like that sort of option, as many tools to avoid using various software, now using only one, vote for Panda.
Overall would doubtless with eset, it varies greatly over and is recommend that you try both

Reactions: Nightwalker and Ink

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Good posts from Huracan and Lailson, they said it all.

Personally I would just install Panda Free 2015 and use it along with Windows Firewall, LastPass, CCleaner, EMET and Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free.
This setup is simple, free and yet very powerful.

I really believe that Panda Free 2015 is a game changer, it will give a run for money to every top security software in this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.